Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help, the convertible does not open, it shows me a message top not allowed, I already checked fuses, relay and I can not make it open, before it opened without problem only one day it ran out of battery and no longer wanted, has anyone had the same problem?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have already checked it, but without result, I already got a scanner and nothing appears

·
Registered
480 Posts
I seem to recall "top not allowed" mostly showing if I am not in Park. It is possible there is an issue with sensing the transmission selector position. Perhaps try the obvious like shifting it through the full range, make sure the reverse lights come on when they should. Maybe even wiggle it a little in park to see if it makes any difference.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I seem to recall "top not allowed" mostly showing if I am not in Park. It is possible there is an issue with sensing the transmission selector position. Perhaps try the obvious like shifting it through the full range, make sure the reverse lights come on when they should. Maybe even wiggle it a little in park to see if it makes any difference.
can that be, a message appears on the stereo screen saying changer Parker, how can you fix that you know?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Sorry I have not had a problem with this, I was just adding thoughts for you to try based on the circumstances in which I have seen the message on mine. "Changer parked" is normal if you have no CD in the radio. As far as I am aware that message has nothing to do with the convertible top or transmission selector.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you very much, I hope I can find the problem and if it could be that, the mechanic told me that the scan says as if the car is running

1 - 9 of 9 Posts