Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove this car off the showroom floor in 07 so I know it's history. I parked it a couple of years ago so I could do some maintenance like belts, brakes, tires and so forth and just got back to it but when I hit the top button it rolls down the windows, pops the top and the trunk but then stops. It will pull them back down and "complete the move". Any idea where to start. I do all of my own work but I've never had to touch the top components. Nothing on the message center but I do have HF Zurich 0BD2 code reader. I haven't tried it yet, just didn't think it would help.

·
Registered
868 Posts
If the trunk does not fully reverse open, I would suspect one of the micro switches or wiring in the trunk area. Lots of us have had frayed or broken wiring near the hinge areas of the trunk.
To be of any real use in this case, the OBDII scan tool would need to include the folding top controller. If it has that capability, you would get info on the sensor states, FTC trouble codes etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I drove this car off the showroom floor in 07 so I know it's history. I parked it a couple of years ago so I could do some maintenance like belts, brakes, tires and so forth and just got back to it but when I hit the top button it rolls down the windows, pops the top and the trunk but then stops. It will pull them back down and "complete the move". Any idea where to start. I do all of my own work but I've never had to touch the top components. Nothing on the message center but I do have HF Zurich 0BD2 code reader. I haven't tried it yet, just didn't think it would help.
If the trunk does not fully reverse open, I would suspect one of the micro switches or wiring in the trunk area. Lots of us have had frayed or broken wiring near the hinge areas of the trunk.
To be of any real use in this case, the OBDII scan tool would need to include the folding top controller. If it has that capability, you would get info on the sensor states, FTC trouble codes etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Can I ask where the fluid reservoir is so I can check it while I'm in there. Befoe I parked it I thought I had a small oil leak but never found the source and I should probably make sure it wasn't hydraulic fluid to be safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts