Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did just a K&N when I bought the car, I am happy with it. I would like to upgrade to the Crab soon though. But from what I have heard and read, those tornado deally whoppers are a scam... :-(

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so that link doesnt work but if u search tornado in the search box its like the first thing that pops up

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yea, its what I was thinking it was. I could be wrong, it actually might be useful, but if it were me I would do a ton of research before I bought it... but that's the way I am with most purchases over $20 :p

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But from what I have heard and read, those tornado deally whoppers are a scam... :-(
thats a shame lol....cause i know changing the filter does the same as a crab and i was hopin tht with a tornado would give me the ~7hp from the filter and the 4 - 13 hp from the tornado...oh well

thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
I noticed a lot snappier throttle response with the e3's. Hopefully you dont have a 3.6L - the top left plug is next to impossible to remove without un-bolting the intake manifold... engineering fail :p

I really want to upgrade to a crab with the fpu, but I am in the middle of switching jobs, so its on the back burner.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well the tornado seems to be a bust lol...what about a tune? how much do they cost? or is there a better 'bang for your buck' option?

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
could i use this with a crab?

if not
would i be better off getting a crab or a performance filter and this?

http://www.jcwhitney.com/tornado-performance-booster/p2005683.jcwx

thanks for any help
Folks (I should have chimed in sooner), the tornado thing is a massive scam. Air flowing through an opening will only be slowed by resistance; the tornado adds the resistance. If you add this bull$hit you are in fact adding resistance to your airflow. Air does not flow better while spinning around like toilet water but for sure your money will be going down the drain. Airflow is optimal when unimpeded.
The very first time I saw those commercials I laughed and though, “they’re slowing the air down!” If the air has to swirl then it’s taking longer to pass through hence less airflow.

·
Registered
916 Posts
can someone explain to me what this includes? what are they doing to the pcm?
It says there are over 100 changes made including shift points,rev limiter,top speed,fan turn on points, Octane 91,93

But i havent gotten one yet. Still on the fence. But everyone i know that has gotten it loves it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts