Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2007 G6 3.5l 4l65e and the torque converter clutch engages too soon and requires a fair amount of pedal to drop out. Can this be remedied by replacing the shift solenoids in the transmission or something entirely different.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 08' w/3.5L sedan has the 4L45E and it seems to lock up soon but the car is light and the engine has good torque for the weight it's pulling around. I've found it to be near perfect (for a GM) as is. Are you sure you have the 4L65E and not the 4L45E? I had the 4L65E behind a 3.4L in my 00' Venture and it was starting to have line pressure problems at 140K miles shortly before I sold it. The problem was apparently common and required replacing at least one solenoid and likely wiring that had been cooked for years in the side case.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 08' w/3.5L sedan has the 4L45E and it seems to lock up soon but the car is light and the engine has good torque for the weight it's pulling around. I've found it to be near perfect (for a GM) as is. Are you sure you have the 4L65E and not the 4L45E? I had the 4L65E behind a 3.4L in my 00' Venture and it was starting to have line pressure problems at 140K miles shortly before I sold it. The problem was apparently common and required replacing at least one solenoid and likely wiring that had been cooked for years in the side case.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes my bad it's a 4t45e transmission. I've been looking at New solenoids and sonnax parts.
It seems like a pressure issue from what I gather. Sonnax builds a drop in part to fix the worn bore inside the valve manifold. This makes sense because if "I put my foot in it" the tcc responds corectly. Is there anyone who has experienced the same symptoms, who would like to share how they fixed the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts