Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Proud G6 Owner
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My 2006 G6 GT has been encountering a few instances of Torque Locking lately.

Now the first time it occurred it was simply because I wasn't aware that you had to engage the parking break before you shift the car into park. And I noticed that once torque locking occurred, the brake lights would repeatedly be on even if the vehicle is in park and won't shift out of park.

However the past couple of times, I had it lock up on me even when I used the parking brake before shifting the vehicle into park. I got out of the car and started nudging it from behind hoping it would 'unlock'

I'm just curious if there's a way to disable torque locking so I don't have to go through this BS again.

Input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Midnight Hiker
41 Posts
The only way I know of is what your trying ... stop the car, put on the parking brake, shift into park...and leaving the parking break on until after you shift into drive...
I wonder if this is an electronicly controled device?

·
Registered
499 Posts
The problem may not be torque lock. It could be your transmission shift/brake pedal interlock control. If it is faulty, you will have problem moving the shift lever out of "Park" even if the brake pedal is depressed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.