Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the specs for my car, and I noticed it has what they call "Touring Suspension" And i'm just curious as to what exactly that means, does it mean my suspension is softer and more comfortable then what you would normally get, or does it mean its harder and better then most stock suspension. OR is it all BS and really mean nothing?

And i was looking online and i found a set of eibach lowering springs for it. should lower it a tad, but i'm curious if anyone got them. I would like a lower look, as well as a firmer ride. but then again, i dont really want to sacrifice all comfort going over bumps.. Illinois has some pretty crappy roads:mad:

· Premium Member
643 Posts
You're lucky you got the "normal" suspension. Us GT'ers got the "performance" ones. Rock hard and uncomfortable, but you can take a turn at 35 and not hear major tire squeal, couldn't do that on my old cars.

The Eibach springs usually make the car rock hard, so it may make the handling better but at expense of comfort.

· Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey great, thanks for the info!

I think i'll just leave the stock suspension, and maybe put a strut tower bar and possible a thicker sway bar. thats about it, maybe new rims and tires. but nothing drastic

· Registered
555 Posts
Yeah i love the feeling of being able to zip around corners. You know, that "huggin" feelin?

Get the lowering springs and the front strut bar. You'll wish your ass was fat enough to absorb the bumps and roughness in the roads lol. I'll tell ya right now the strut bar stiffens the front end up real good, and i have a GT so its not much of a luxurious ride, but i like the stiffness. It makes me feel like the car is faster.

BTW, my front wheels started to skip when i floored the gas pedal because the front end is so stiff. It was like bouncing lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.