Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 G6 GTP 6speed

My traction control light has been coming on occasionally (turning of the TC). I haven't hit the button accidentally and when I press the button while driving to turn it back on, it doesn't do anything... it stays off.

This seems to happen during hard shifting, and high rev.. approx 4500-5000 rpm... the first time I noticed this, the engine misfired during highway driving.. for some reason, I had filled up recently with mid-grade gas, and I thought maybe the mix of mid-grade and regular 87 octane fuel made it pop and it would go away once I stuck to the same gasoline..

I recently had a control arm (pass side) replaced and have noticed a bouncy springy ride lately really pronounced over even the slightest bumps.. I mention this because I also read something about some sensors that might be acting up related to the suspension....

I have yet to get any other lights or check engine indicators come on...

Whats going on?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
With no other indicators lit it could be as simple as a intermittent TC switch or a short to ground on the TC switch signal circuit. To test, disconnect the switch connector & short the brown with white stripe wire to ground momentarily & see if the TC off indicator goes on & then off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts