Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my spark plugs and the engine runs fine and idles smoothly.

After a moment, the check engine light comes on. Then the traction control light. (Drivers information panel displays message - "check traction control". Then idle gets rough, like it is missing.

I checked all wire connections and plugs - all seem in order.

Anyone have an idea what might be up?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
I was gonna say Lampoon if you need to know what the code is let me know I'll look in the manual I have but i'm sure you have a way of getting it too

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Fair Enough..haha:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15 Posts
check engine - traction control lights

Have 2007 with these lights driving me and the dealer crazy. Keep getting misfire codes, mainly on no. 2 cylinder. Dealer just changed plug & wire on that cylinder and lights were back this afternoon on my way home from work. They at least reset on their own tonight.

·
Registered
15 Posts
check engine and traction control lights

Purchased used 2007 G6 sedan in June with 17k miles on it & having intermittent times these lights are coming on. Been to the dealer 3-4 times. Code coming out is misfire on #2 cylinder. Dealer just replaced pug and wire on that cylinder. light came on and reset on way home tonight. May not have the fix yet it appears. Anyone else running into similar issue?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I changed my spark plugs and the engine runs fine and idles smoothly.

After a moment, the check engine light comes on. Then the traction control light. (Drivers information panel displays message - "check traction control". Then idle gets rough, like it is missing.

I checked all wire connections and plugs - all seem in order.

Anyone have an idea what might be up?

Thanks
Check to make sure everything else is working properly. I discovered that the auto door locks didn't lock when I moved the shifter into drive and didn't open when moved back to park. The cruise did not work, the remote start wouldn't work and the transmission did not shift smoothly. After 3 trips to the dealer they found a (TSB) technical service bulletin that told them to reflash the (ECM) computer. Completed this last week and issue was resolved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check to make sure everything else is working properly. I discovered that the auto door locks didn't lock when I moved the shifter into drive and didn't open when moved back to park. The cruise did not work, the remote start wouldn't work and the transmission did not shift smoothly. After 3 trips to the dealer they found a (TSB) technical service bulletin that told them to reflash the (ECM) computer. Completed this last week and issue was resolved.
Do you happen to remember that TSB number for this problem?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.