Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
We need more information than that. What kind of speeds? Are you driving straight or around a bend? How long does it last? Do you experience any other symptoms?

Have you had an alignment lately? Are your tires worn down or have they been replaced lately or have they been rotated lately?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We need more information than that. What kind of speeds? Are you driving straight or around a bend? How long does it last? Do you experience any other symptoms?

Have you had an alignment lately? Are your tires worn down or have they been replaced lately or have they been rotated lately?
No alignment, The tires are in need of replacing. I have had this problem since I bought the car 4 months ago. It usually happens above 80 and ascending hills with or with out curves. It also happens at high rpms.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Some guesses:

-Wrong/different tire sizes
-Tires are very unevenly worn
-Alignment issue
-Speed sensor issue (doubt it since that would throw a code)

I would get your tires replaced first since the need it done anyways. Get the right size tire.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
The TC light shouldn't be turning on period though. Not all G6's have the TC button.
I would imagine his TC is engaging due to the combination of worn thread & high speed (perhaps mixed with a little rain, ice, snow or road oil). The system is simply detecting unbalanced wheel speed. The system has a disable switch for those who choose not to use it for whatever reason. I can't recall ever running across a car with TC that didn't have a disable switch.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
The G6 traction system is generally pretty lenient before the traction control system kicks in though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts