Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Cool & Cooler
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I introduced myself a few weeks ago.
I had a 2005 orange GT sedan that was loaded.
It had 38k miles on it. I loved that car, but
decided I wanted a vert.

So, last night, I traded it in for a GM Certified
black 2006 GTP convertible w/21k miles on it.
It seems to be loaded also (less the chrome wheels, but it
has two-tone leather seats that the sedan didn't)

Its pretty fast and seemed to run better than the two
new '09s I had test driven.

Along with my Corvette, I'll now have two shiny black convertible
coupes in my little 2-car garage!

·
Cool & Cooler
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, I should also mention that I was considering a Saab 9-3 convertible.
It had a turbo 4-banger in it. It had skinny uncomfortable seats, no telescoping steering wheel and zero room between your foot on the gas and the brake pedal.
Of course it didn't have as good a stereo as the G6. But it was a nice car.

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,100 Posts
Was so taken aback by the turbo suggestion I forgot to give the :bigok: to the new car selection! Unfortunately the top-down weather is pretty much a memory until next year (at least around here) but still...

And PIX yes!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Nice! I like the rear bucket seats.

·
1,100 Posts
Good deal! The nice thing about the darker colors for the vert is they hide the roof lines better so people are all the more :eek: when you put the top down :D

'course if they're watching you put it down you they see you holding the button like a dork :rolleyes:

·
Cool & Cooler
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I wish the button was down low like in the Vette and the Saab.
I also wish you only had to press it once. If someone invents a mod for that, I'll buy it. What would really be cool is to have a button on the key fob that would activate it!!

And good point about the black hiding the roof lines. I never thought of that.
I only got black because I thought it would be cool to have two black cars. Earlier in the year, my driveway looked like a rainbow. I had a prism blue Talon, a candy apple red Viper, the orange G6 and my black cycle. All those cars are gone now, but I've still got the bike.

·
1,100 Posts
Haha all you'd need is a Mary Kay car and you'd have been set :blush:

And after I got the G6 I read that the new Sebring hardtop verts have a button on the remote to put the top down

Not that I would have bought the Chrysler instead, but still...

Oh yeah, regarding a mod for one-touch operation - someone else had asked about that a while ago, and I replied that while it probably wouldn't be terribly difficult to rig up, I'm anticipating the top up/down operation eventually being in need of warranty/extended warranty coverage, and I wouldn't want to give them a terrific, if not legitimate, reason to

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.