Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys (and girls) but I had to trade the G6. :eek: Not that I didnt like the car, I loved it. I just couldnt justify $35-40 a week for gas at 18mpg. Yeah, I knew it would suck down gas when I bought it but not this much. I also decided I cant be trusted with that much power! "Instant A$*hole, just add horsepower"! All my other cars have been economy cars so I went with the ultimate one...Prius. I wont try to sell anyone here on a Prius but to me, it is way cool! And the really good thing is I only lost about $700 on the Pontiac after owning it for 2 months. (Not counting $2000 in GM points) They gave me $19,522 for the G6. I probably couldnt have sold it for that. I loved the G6 (already miss the XM) but she had to go. Enjoy your cars. Roy

·
Registered
140 Posts
You are aware that the premium you paid on the Prius for hybrid technology won't make up for the amount of gas you save?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I played all the reasons in my head NOT to get the Prius. Figured out how long it would take me to use the $7000 in gas that I paid for the Prius. Figured I could ride my motorcycle alot more this summer, etc. In the end, I think the "new toy" mentality won out. I figure gas prices are only going to go up. Guess we'll see.

·
Registered
64 Posts
not to say the prius sucks it is a neat idea and such but does it have to be so damn ugly i think it is next to the scion's xa and xb in ugliness. Tho Steve Wozniak has one which is cool since i love the guy but any who good luck with your car. But why not a Civic hybrid they at least look decent compared to a prius. Hey don't forget to use the deductible on your taxes for buying a hybrid, it is around 6k or so i think so that is a plus to get a break on your taxes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually drove the Civic Hybrid first. Thought thats the one I wanted. I was in no way impressed with it. The CVT transmission seemed "primitive" for lack of a better word. The ride wasnt very good and the back seat doesnt fold down (because of the battery pack) The Prius cargo room is HUGE compared to the Civic. I've liked the Prius since the redesign in 04 but then, I'm a sucker for any quirky looking european car like Citroens and Peugeots. I even like the xA and xB. I guess I just have to be different! Maybe thats why I work for Harley and ride a Moto Guzzi.

·
Registered
64 Posts
one has his right to his opinion, your liking is different from mine and thats fine. I don't know, I am just a kid that loves semi-exotic cars I mean i would love to have a bmw m3 or porsche cayman they would be my dream cars to own. Your a down earth guy where as i am up in the air, you think logical where as i think oh pretty car must have lol.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Coupe_GTP_ said:
Tho Steve Wozniak has one which is cool since i love the guy but any who good luck with your car.

sorry, i'm not sure who 'steve wozniak' is. isn't he one of the Designers on 'Trading Spaces'? :rolleyes:

the Prius is a great looking car, in MY opinion....but you know what they say;

"Opinions are like A**holes, everyone's got one and most of them STINK!":agree2:

·
Registered
64 Posts
G6Action said:
sorry, i'm not sure who 'steve wozniak' is. isn't he one of the Designers on 'Trading Spaces'? :rolleyes:

the Prius is a great looking car, in MY opinion....but you know what they say;

"Opinions are like A**holes, everyone's got one and most of them STINK!":agree2:
Steve Wozniak is the co-founder of Apple

·
Registered
39 Posts
G6Action said:
so i take it that he and Johnny Appleseed were partners????
boooo.

I agree with TLS2000 on the markup thing. And even though the resale is higher on it now, I think that once consumers start wising up to the idea that the "EPA mileage" will only be a dream when they actually drive the car, in addition to the fact that, once you do want to sell it, the market will be pretty full of very efficient vehicles anyways, so it wont stand out near as much in that respect.

And anyone looking to buy a used prius better make sure the hybrid components are in good shape - I can only imagine what repair on the system would cost.

But thats my hybrid rant. Congrats on a new car, its always fun to have something new

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All of the Hybrid components fall under an 8year/100,000 mile warranty. Doubt I'll ever keep a car that long. That is unless we DO bomb Iran and keep pis$ing off Venezuela until they shut our oil off. Then gas prices could get real interesting.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sure, why not. God knows I've been called worse! Well, with 200 miles on it and not broke in, the computer is saying 45.8 mpg. Lovin' it! I do miss the XM radio though. It wont be available for the Prius until April. It does have a JBL system with 6 disk MP3/WMA capability that should hold me till April. ;)

·
Registered
532 Posts
You can get an aftermarket XM system for a good price now days that makes GMs quirky setup look like Audiovox. ;) Congrats on the car...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts