Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I noticed that when I went around hard turns, the RPMs jumped up. I know what an automatic does with low tranny fluid and this is it. I added a quart. It was fine for a day or two. More fluid, another day or two. Then I realized that the frame, dead center of the car, under the front bumper, there was a bunch of tranny fluid. It is snowy as shit here in western PA so I haven't had a chance to crawl under there and really look. Any ideas?

·
Registered
35 Posts
According to a Haynes manual common leaks are from the pan (gasket), fill plug, fluid lines, and vehicle speed sensor. Could also be a trans seal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just had the same thing happen on my fiance's g6. Tranny fluid was pooling on top of the lower engine splash shield directly under the bumper.

It's attached by 2 clips on each end and 5 screws in the front. Once you remove it, you'll see the transmission cooler lines. These were rusted through in my case and were leaking a considerable amount of fluid.

Here's what mine looked like:

I just wrote up the steps in this forum on how I replaced the lines. Might be useful to you if this is also your issue.

Lex

1 - 4 of 4 Posts