Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I have noticed that when I start my car in the morning that there is a sloshing of liquid sound coming from around the transmission. I am guessing it is the transmission fluid in the torque convertor making the noise. It dissipates after a few seconds but you can still kinda here it sometimes while driving under force. I have owned a lot of automatic cars and have never heard this before. What the heck?

Tran Fluid level is good. What could this be?:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
A sloshing sound could really be air bubbles moving through the coolant, although its unlikely... how does the coolant look?

Just sounds odd to me you can even hear the trans fluid.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope it is not the coolant as I am having a leak from the right side of the car (pulley area) . I figured it was my water pump going out and weeping. You can really only here it when you first start the car that's why I figured it was the tranny fluid in the torque convertor. My car is an 07 G6 V-6 and has 90,000 on it as of now.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I hope it is not the coolant as I am having a leak from the right side of the car (pulley area) . I figured it was my water pump going out and weeping. You can really only here it when you first start the car that's why I figured it was the tranny fluid in the torque convertor. My car is an 07 G6 V-6 and has 90,000 on it as of now.
All the more reason I think its your coolant. When the car is cold the coolant has settled and air has taken up all the of the high spots in the motor and radiator. What you're hearing is all the air bubbles being forced through the heater core behind the dash.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I'd recommend keeping up on your coolant level until you get that leak sorted out. Don't want to loose your heat or damage the engine.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Now I have noticed that when I start my car in the morning that there is a sloshing of liquid sound coming from around the transmission. I am guessing it is the transmission fluid in the torque convertor making the noise. It dissipates after a few seconds but you can still kinda here it sometimes while driving under force. I have owned a lot of automatic cars and have never heard this before. What the heck?

Tran Fluid level is good. What could this be?:confused:
Badrhino,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. This issue may be due to a leak coming from the cylinder head gasket. This is just a suggestion and is not meant as a diagnosis.

I recommend consulting with a certified technician. They will be able to provide additional information after inspecting the vehicle.

Please keep us posted. If you have additional questions, please feel free to PM me.

Louis
GM Customer Service

1 - 12 of 12 Posts