Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so im planning on doing a tranny swap. I know i need everything for a manual transmission but i also need a reflash of the ECU.. would there be anything else im missing?

·
TC...yea hit that button
99 Posts
6 month old thread and nobody can answer this? Wow... What engine? What transmission?

brief list of things you'll need to go with the manual trans(I'm thinking about the F40/3900 which is a DIRECT swap, no fabricating needed):

shifter & linkage cables
clutch pedal & bracket
clutch pedal sensors (for cruise and starting)
clutch master cyl & reservoir
front, rear, and left side mounts
left axle

And for wiring, you have a couple options: obtain a manual PCM and program your VIN into it. The manual harness would be a direct fit, no wires to modify. Or you could modify the wiring, and keep your PCM. Based on my GAGT 3400 manual swap, I predict that there will not be any issues with erratic idling, hence keeping your PCM. Of course if you swap to manual, the computer will have a ton of DTC's relating to torque converter and solenoids and whatnot. Simply delete any present DTC's and that problem is solved. VSS is plug and play, and although the speedo will be off, a dyno shop can very easily calibrate that for you. Reverse sensor on the F40 is at the shift tower, hook up the correct wires and the lights will work. Last but not least, the shift lockout- that stupid feature that requires the selector in reverse to take the key out. Previous owner of my car disabled it, so I never delt with that:D

·
Registered
447 Posts

·
TC...yea hit that button
99 Posts
Oh and I almost forgot, you'll need to check the part #'s of the subframes. Manual and auto may be different.

And as for the trans, on ebay, there is a seller that has a ton of brand new F40's they are selling for a good price. That's where I got mine from. (I bought it before I bought the G6 tho, the trans is meant for my GAGT. I have no mechanical modification to the G6 yet)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts