Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To bad they messed my brakes up!

I had the car in so they could replace the tranny to resolve the grinding into second and third witch was caused by a part missing on the tranny itself. They couldn’t find the individual part so they just pulled a tranny off the line and shipped it up here. I picked the car up this afternoon, started driving and the very first stop I made I noticed the brakes where WAY to spongy, I had to turn onto a main street and loop around to the dealer again well I was driving the tranny felt really good, so that all fixed. I got it back to the dealer fine but all the techs had gone home. So I'm with out a car once again... Does no one road test anything anymore?????

·
Registered
199 Posts
Air in the lines, or maybe the brakes need to be pumped up by pressing the pedal down firmly a few times. Ive had to do that after taking my brakes off before to change a CV boot. Then again...im no expert :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
G6~Mike said:
Air in the lines, or maybe the brakes need to be pumped up by pressing the pedal down firmly a few times. Ive had to do that after taking my brakes off before to change a CV boot. Then again...im no expert :D
no mistake about it there is air in the lines. If you pump the brakes they get stiffer but the second you take the pressure off they go spungy again witch is normal with air in the lines.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Blackrider said:
no mistake about it there is air in the lines. If you pump the brakes they get stiffer but the second you take the pressure off they go spungy again witch is normal with air in the lines.
LoL, I would find a new dealer to get repairs done. Hey, at least they tightened the brake fittings down for ya :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Blackrider said:
Only pontiac dealer in Victoria, witch is odd because its a city of 350,000
You don't have to go to a Pontiac dealer. All you need is a shop that's approved to do warranty work for GM.

My hometown of 4,000 had no dealers, so a local shop got certified by GM, Ford, and Toyota to do warranty work. They bill directly to GM just like the dealership so there are no hassles.

I also found that the Chevy dealer up the street did better work on my Grand Prix than the Pontiac dealer did. The Pontiac dealer had it in three times for multiple days and couldn't find the source of a host of problems: generator not charging, AC not working, ABS malfunction, gauge cluster acting funky. The Chevy dealer figured out in one afternoon that all the other things were due to the gauge cluster - new cluster ($300) and all the problems went away.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
otcpharm said:
You don't have to go to a Pontiac dealer. All you need is a shop that's approved to do warranty work for GM.

My hometown of 4,000 had no dealers, so a local shop got certified by GM, Ford, and Toyota to do warranty work. They bill directly to GM just like the dealership so there are no hassles.

I also found that the Chevy dealer up the street did better work on my Grand Prix than the Pontiac dealer did. The Pontiac dealer had it in three times for multiple days and couldn't find the source of a host of problems: generator not charging, AC not working, ABS malfunction, gauge cluster acting funky. The Chevy dealer figured out in one afternoon that all the other things were due to the gauge cluster - new cluster ($300) and all the problems went away.
Oww I know, i should have said the only GM dealer. there are a few more but there are a fair drive.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Need your help urgent.
I do have the same problem with the tranny 2dn and 3rd gear grinding. Dealer changed the shifter cable. Now it's much easier to shift but I still get the grinding. I would like to know the name of your dealer that changed your tranny and if possible the part(s) number(s) they used on the bill. This would help me a lot to get mine fixed so I can convince the dealer to act as fast as possible. If you can't publish the dealer name and phone number please get in touch with me on my private email [email protected].

Yous help will be much appreciated

·
Registered
114 Posts
glad to see they got it sorted through for you. though it would have been nice to have the brakes working when you got it, be thankfull they solved the tranny issues.

enjoy your car, sounds like it's going to be a bit more fun to drive from here on out!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts