Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Pontiac G6 GT convertible with the 3.5l engine and i am starting to have rough shifting on first gear. Delayed shifting would be word. .i replaced the solenoids and fluid but still get a code for the 1-2 shift solenoid. I noticed some fluid on the transmission case connector on the terminal side and the actual harness. Would anyone know if the tranny fluid on the connector might be part of the shifting issue? And is there anything i can do other than replacing the internal harness
Automotive lighting Wood Nail Tints and shades Button

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Gas

· Super Moderator
1,013 Posts
Personally, I would not have thought a little ATF would be a problem on the connector. It has good dielectric, lubricating and anti-corrosion properties. Everything looks pretty shiny and clean in there. You could try some electrical cleaner to remove it and see if the problem changes. What code do you get?

There is also a note in the service manual when replacing the solenoid

Important: It is recommended that transmission adaptive pressure (TAP) information be reset.

Resetting the TAP values using a scan tool will erase all learned values in all cells. As a result, The ECM, PCM or TCM will need to relearn TAP values. Transmission performance may be affected as new TAP values are learned.
Perhaps the connector wiring diagram would help if you think it is a wiring issue

Font Material property Circle Parallel Pattern

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pin A and E sit at the bottom of the connector and get the most fluid . 1-2 shift solenoid stuck on is the code. When u cleaned the connector it drives pretty much flawless and then like crap when ATF starts to collect

1 - 3 of 3 Posts