Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can go start my 2008 g6 gt put it in gear and sometime it will engage other times I'm sitting watching my speedometer get to 20mph while the car is not moving, fluid level is fluid is clean. If I get it to engage I can drive but then sometimes it will disengage and I will be just rolling I will have to pull over shutoff car and start process over again please help.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Try searching for shift cable recall. I seem to remember a few threads about the wrong selector position being one of the problems. If you have manual mode, it may be worth seeing if that works in the interim. Good luck with the fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
  1. I have a 2008 Pontiac G6 and it takes off really really slow so when the car warms up it starts going throbbing regular but it takes off like takes a minute or two to get up to speed

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can go start my 2008 g6 gt put it in gear and sometime it will engage other times I'm sitting watching my speedometer get to 20mph while the car is not moving, fluid level is fluid is clean. If I get it to engage I can drive but then sometimes it will disengage and I will be just rolling I will have to pull over shutoff car and start process over again please help.
My step daughter had a similar problem with her G6...at 3:00 in the morning! It wouldn't go back into gear at all, no matter what position the shift was in. I popped the hood and manually turned the lever on top of the trans forward (park) then three clicks back for drive. That got her home, and a call in the morning to the closest GM dealer revealed a recall on the shifter cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts