Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I am hoping if anyone else has similar issues, PLEASE let me know.

I have a 2009 G6, one year old, 22,600-ish miles. (yea, I know, but all highway miles. I drive roughly 500 miles a week). About four-five times now, it's had this issue when it's already in gear and driving. The first time, I had the cruise control set at 45, and going uphill it acted like it wasn't getting fuel, shuddered like it was going to die, when I pressed the gas pedal harder, the RPM's shot up, but nothing happened. Within 15 seconds or so, it was OK. Then yesterday, I was at a stop sign, I pulled out and the car did the same thing... shuddered, felt like it was going to die, I pushed the gas harder, RPM's ran up high, car just wouldn't GO. On my way to the dealership, on the highway at 60mph and using cruise again, it did it again.

Does this sound like tranny or fuel? I can't decide. I know obviously if I push the gas, and RPM's jump, but car doesn't go faster, it's probably transmission. However, it also "feels" like it's not getting fuel.

It's spending the day at the dealership today, hopefully they can find out what's wrong.

Thanks....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, no check engine lights or anything at all. My OnStar diagnostic report even came in clean.

I'll have a look at my connections when I get it back.

Oh - and I've already had to have my rotors turned, at about 18-19,000 miles. THAT shocked me.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
yeah they suck on these cars. I completely replaced my rotors and pads at 45k.
Im now at 88k and they still feel new.

let us know what they say it was. If they cant find it follow your intake from the throttle body all the way to include your return line in and where it connects at the back of the engine. It may have come loose.

well thats my educated, non tech, guess.... ;)

·
Southern 6 GT
15 Posts
I have a similar issue..2007 3.5...when I'm goin under 30 or so like say turning at a light that was green...I push the gas and its like it jumps revs as if I floored it and wanting to kick down to pass someone..but it just revs up..clunks back into gear and continues on....I have 96000 miles and scared something will crap out right after 100k....anyone figure this out or confirm an intake tube comes loose?

·
Registered
135 Posts
id take it to the dealership... especially before the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty runs out.
Definitely take that ish in to the dealer to get it looked out before you hit 100k!

·
Registered
10 Posts
as far as the brakes go, they suck on these cars. the back ones are suppose to wear out faster then the front but i had to replace my front ones at 32k miles.
sounds more like air in the fuel line or something more then the transmission. what did the dealership say? i hope its still covered by warranty...

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2007 G6 had the check engine light on for over a year. Little by little I noticed that my gas milage was horrible, but I thought it was from me driving fast. In the past three months I noticed that it was losing more and more power. TO make a LONG story short it was my CATALYTIC CONVERTER that was causing the issues. Cost me $840 to replace it along with new spark plugs but not my baby is running LIKE NEW again!!!
53k miles on my car.... Does anyone know if the catalytic converter is covered on a warranty?

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok, i am hoping if anyone else has similar issues, please let me know.

I have a 2009 g6, one year old, 22,600-ish miles. (yea, i know, but all highway miles. I drive roughly 500 miles a week). About four-five times now, it's had this issue when it's already in gear and driving. The first time, i had the cruise control set at 45, and going uphill it acted like it wasn't getting fuel, shuddered like it was going to die, when i pressed the gas pedal harder, the rpm's shot up, but nothing happened. Within 15 seconds or so, it was ok. Then yesterday, i was at a stop sign, i pulled out and the car did the same thing... Shuddered, felt like it was going to die, i pushed the gas harder, rpm's ran up high, car just wouldn't go. On my way to the dealership, on the highway at 60mph and using cruise again, it did it again.

Does this sound like tranny or fuel? I can't decide. I know obviously if i push the gas, and rpm's jump, but car doesn't go faster, it's probably transmission. However, it also "feels" like it's not getting fuel.

It's spending the day at the dealership today, hopefully they can find out what's wrong.

Thanks....
catalytic converter

·
Registered
912 Posts
yeah 8 years 80,000 miles and i have 83,000 and they still replaced mine when i went in my rear cat was rattling so bad my buddy is a tech brought it over and showed me the whole piece inside was completely broke off. Not sure of the technical name fore it.
I noticed a lot of power loss. Didnt realize how much it could be affected by the cat.

But now it feels like it should.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.