Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. i just got a 2008 pontiac G6 sedan on monday last week and i am already having troubles with it. it has 31k on it so it should be well broken in but i seem to be having some shifting problems. i was driving to the beach and i went to pass someone on the highway....but as i acclerated my car wouldnt shift. it stayed in 3 gear and bounced off my red line a few times until finally it shifted but the shift jolted my car like some would if they didnt know how to drive stick. (mind you my car is automatic) i have always owned manuals until this car...because of having to drive for work. anyways after a few times of that happening to me on the highway my check engine light came on. and i started hear a ticking noise from the right side of the car. almost like i have a cricket in my car. i will make noise only when in drive or has been running for awhile and is driving me insane. can anyone help me figure out why my car is doing this? or if you have had the same problems let me know what you did/are doing to fix it?

Thanks

·
^I R CUSTOM^
77 Posts
First, get that code read at a autoparts store! That code will (hopefully) tell you what's wrong. Secondly...it sounds like a (dammit!!) computer problem, something isn't telling your computer what your transmission is doing. A re-flash of your PCM might be all that's needed....at least you are still under factory warranty though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i had just talked with the dealership about it and they were saying the same thing. they are going to take it and check it out. what about the clicking noise. would that be the same thing?

·
^I R CUSTOM^
77 Posts
Well, the clicking noise MIGHT be attributed to the malfunction...let's see what happens to the noise AFTER they fix the problem. If it goes away, we win!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
very true. hey have you hear of an SLR chip i was checking out some stuff that will give me better horsepower and TQ along with better MPG and i came across this chip. do you know anyone or have one yourself that would know if it is worth the time and money of getting one. i am already getting a cool air intake just dont know what brand yet and getting a new exaust system in the up coming weeks but i want more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry didnt see that. so the problem with my car was a cyclinder miss fire at 6000 RPMs at 3/4's throttle. they said they should be able to fix it just by flashing the computer. so thats good

1 - 7 of 7 Posts