Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a little devil... Red 06 G6 V6... 666... lol

I was driving on the expressway, cruise control set at around 68. The car seemed to buck just slightly, then the check engine light came on.

The car continued to drive ok after that.

After I got off the highway, i noticed that even though the car was running, it seemed a little sluggish. Almost like i was driving with the emergency brake on, but it was fine when it got up to speed.

I also noticed that the cruise control will no longer engage.

I stopped at Autozone and used the scan tool they have it it said the code was for the transmission solinoid.

Can it really be that simple, or is there possibly another cause that will make it appear to be the solinoid ( as i said, the cruise control stopped at the same time, and i dont see how that is related, unless it may be a possible vacuum leak?).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will have to swing by autozone again this afternoon and rescan it, the light is back on again, as I knew it would be.

I don't know what i was thinking when i said "can it really be that simple"... for some reason i was thinking this was a solenoid that was easily accessable, not INSIDE the tranny.

Now I can ( and have ) work on just about anything, but just how difficult is it to replace one of these.

Is it possible it is just the Tan Wire thing i was reading about as well? if so, where exactly is that and how can I inspect it.

Will post the code here later... Thanks,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, the codes it is throwing are P0751 and P0753. the descriptions it gave was as follows. P0751, Shift Solenoid A performance or Stuck off
P0753, Shift Solenoid A Electical
and then there was another message that said "freq repaired Fix 1-replaced 2-3 shift solenoid.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Could be a bad 1-2 shift solenoid valve (it's internal to the tranny) or it could be a tranny harness issue. Either way, it's really a job for a pro shop. If it were mine, I'd clear the codes (if you didn't yet) & drive it & see if they return. In my experience, a dealer will charge more than a tranny specialty shop. Wish I had better news.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts