Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I don't know if anyone read the threads on the steering failures. My old 05 GT was a huge lemon! I traded it in on an 06 GTP, I'm a glutton for punishment. The car has been good except for not having its radiator supports screwed in properly which caused me to loose fluid, and some other minor noises.

Anyways, I upgraded the stereo in the original, and have futhered it in my new car. Here is a list and (hopefully) some pictures. Let me know what you guys think.

Head Unit - Eclipse Navigation w/ 30G - AVN5495 - http://www.eclipse-web.com/avn5495-index.html
Front Speakers - Eclipse 3-way components - SC8365
Rear Speakers - Eclipse Point Source 6x9 - SP8994
Sub - MTX right now, JL 12" W7 Coming

Amps
4 channel Xtant X604e www.xtant.com
1 x 1000 class D Xtant X1001

Capacitor
Upgraded Battery to Optimum Yellow Top
0 Guage Wire the amps in the back
Upgraded 0 Guage Ground
Street Wires Zero Noise RCA Cables
12 Guage Street Wires Speaker Wires
Sirius Satellite
CompuStar 2 way FM Paging Alarm w/ Pizo and BackUp Battery
Auxilarry Input and 300W power inverter mounted in accessible spot for Xbox or Playstation
Nice Tint

So far all I have done to the exterior of the car is HID foglights and HID headlamps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Speaking of cameras! I have a rear view camera hooked up to my deck! Whenever I pop it into reverse I get a beautiful picture of what's behind me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Navigation Stereo Replacement

Anyone know of any navigational stereo replacements that you can get that will make it so you wont lose all your d.i.c (driver info center)???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes I saw that option. But I was hoping for maybe one that had it built into the navigational unit itself. That one looks very cheap! Anyone hear of any navigational units that have the DIC option built in?

·
Registered
10 Posts
trevor_s said:
Speaking of cameras! I have a rear view camera hooked up to my deck! Whenever I pop it into reverse I get a beautiful picture of what's behind me.

Where exactly did you mount the camera? As well which camera package did you install?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts