Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I realize the car shouldn't shift as hard as my Z did. I know Im used to sliding sideways at 40mph when the car shifts. However I have driven many different vehicles (Both FWD and RWD, 4 cyl to V8) and this car has the smoothest shift I have ever felt (or...not felt) There seems to be a rather large delay as the car shifts between gears, and a general hesitation when WOT from a stop before the car responds. This all appears to be normal :( It would appear that GM cranked up the TM an extra notch?? Anyone know any details about this? I would like to have some what firm shifts and the lost performance back. The car is not aggresive at all, and its definately not in a hurry to get anywhere.

Just thought I would toss this out and see if anyone knows what Im talking about.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The GT does have the Tap Up/Down shifting which gives you a little more control until actual manual available next year. Although there are delays when that shifts between gears as well - I think the test drive review by "Old Guy" mentioned that

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yes I did notice a delay as well. It still allows for fun alternative to normal automatic operation but that characteristic is noticable.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bummer... well my friend at HPTuners said they are working on the G6 shortly... so they may have a way to 'tweak' the shifting a bit. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts