Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 G6-GT. Only within the last month or so when first starting the car in the morning does the Trunk Ajar sensor sound & display on the DIC. I check the lid & it in fact is ajar. I close the lid & sensor returns to normal.

I did a careful search on this topic & found only door ajar problem due to professional alarm installation. So, why now after more than four years is this sensor periodically going off? I've also found the sensor going off when I start the car to leave work after 9 hours or so. Again, the lid is ajar. Keep in mind, the occurrence of morning & evening has yet to happen on the same day. Any thoughts...???

It's an annoyance only right now, so I won't be addressing a GM doctor call at this juncture. :confused: :confused: :confused:

· Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Well if your trunk is ajar when you check it there is nothing wrong with your sensor. Are you unlocking your doors with your fob and then starting your car and getting this message? Maybe your fob battery needs to be replaced and is sending mixed signals to your 6?

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I just replaced the battery about 2 months ago. As far as I know, I only use the fob to open the trunk when approaching with groceries. Strange that this just started recently. I'd hope that no one else has this issue but, thought I'd post it in case someone else has experienced something similar. Thanx for the prompt response. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.