Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2006 gtp g6 convertible
Issues:
Trunk opens sometimes after pressing button on door..wondering if anyone else has this problem
Also top is making alot of noise/rattles when top is up
Thanks
Any convertible owners in NY

·
Registered
55 Posts
Isn't the trunk supposed to open when you press the trunk release button?

06 has rattling top issues - pretty sure I read a campaign on it.
Not sure what was done to correct it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I meant it does not open all the time. Gonna order a new button. Are u from NY? (Hampton beach)
Thanks for responding I was beginning to think nobody reads the posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

I meant it does not open all the time. Gonna order a new button. Are u from NY? (Hampton beach)
Thanks for responding I was beginning to think nobody reads the posts

·
08 convertible
198 Posts
If it opens every time with the remote, it's the door button switch or connector or associated wiring. Fix it ASAP, the vert doesn't have a key latch to get into the trunk manually.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not the Hamptons (I wish) but Hampton Beach, NH .. but since moved to Missouri

Old button may have crap in it. A replacement is probably inexpensive, but my wife has a Hyundai with the same problem, I soaked it in a glass with detergent, dried it out well and it works like new.
I get a weekly digest of random posts via email. That's the only reason I read here anymore as I sold my G6 last summer.

Regarding your top noise. I may be due to worn out parts, but here is the TSB and repair procedure

TSB 06-08-59-003B

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks hamptonbeach! My 06 has made noises since i got it in 09. I never about this tsb. Promptly screenprinted the entire document.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 07 convertible bangs and squeaks bad. I wrapped the pins with electrical tape for now.. most of the noise is gone. Fyi Long island here but not the Hamptons.. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts