Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Ever since I have purchased the car, I have had to literally slam the trunk lid upon closing. I have noticed that now it is starting to dig into the clear coat of my rear bumper. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? This is the third car I have owned and have never before had to close a trunk as hard as I have to do with my GXP. So far it has not done too much damage (starting to scratch into clearcoat of bumper on both sides of rear bumper, and chipped a piece of paint off of the bottom of the trunk lid (area that meets the bumper)). The dealerships in my area are absolutely horrendous as I have had to take my car in on five different occasions in regards to the sunroof in which the plastic pieces that pull back the sunshade when you open the sunroof were broken off when I bought the car brand new (still have not even fixed that issue). Has anyone else had this issue and know how to resolve it? Even when I literally put a bunch of weight on top of the trunk lid after lowering the trunk lid so that the latch inside is touching the bar it still will not lock! Please help me in regards to this issue!

Thank You,
Joe

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Not sure which end is adjustable. Your trunk has 3 bolts on it.
your latch has two. I can see all ofthem but the lower would need the
plastic taken off for ease of access.

I will inquire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.