Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi guys, i have a 2007 Pontiac G6 GT convertible. i have a similar problem to the users above, my top is stuck in my trunk. going by you guys instructions and suggestions. I have done the following, i have checked the fluid in the hydraulic chamber and filled it, i have fixed the wired that where a little torn, but after trying to open the top again i have recently found that the chamber is leaking and since the top is in the trunk i have no access to it. I read that you can take the top out the trunk manually by releasing the hydraulic pressure relief valve on the pump.

Now my question is if you guys know where that valve is specifically located on the pump so i can manually pull the top out the trunk. thank you guys

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you've had to fill the hydraulic reservoir, then you have a leak somewhere (as you already suspect). If you have a leak, then pressure is already released and you (with a helper) should be able to lift the top out of the trunk and manually secure in the closed position. You'll then need to go through the troubleshooting steps of finding the leak. Leaking main hydraulic rams is common. Look and feel each main ram.
Thank yo
If you've had to fill the hydraulic reservoir, then you have a leak somewhere (as you already suspect). If you have a leak, then pressure is already released and you (with a helper) should be able to lift the top out of the trunk and manually secure in the closed position. You'll then need to go through the troubleshooting steps of finding the leak. Leaking main hydraulic rams is common. Look and feel each main ram.
Okay I’ll do that next. Thank you for the info!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the reply. My deck lid never attempted to open backwards so I opened it the regular direction and removed it. the top was still latched at the front and held by the rear latch/hinge. In the front I pulled some pins that released the latches. At the rear I disconnected the cylinder attached to the latch/hinge then pivoted that out of the way releasing the rear of the top assembly. I then disconnected the cylinders the would raise the top. I was able to raise the top by myself then manually latch it. I didn't bother to reconnect the cylinders except the latch/hinge jut to keep it from moving. I don't plan on ever putting the top down again so it should fine. Hopefully this will of help to someone in the same position I was.
Hi I wonder if you can explain or even take pictures of the cylinder or latches you disconnected. That would be super helpful . I have tried lifting the top manually and it doesn’t move at all I loosened up the hydraulic pressure screw and I have a leak of fluid in the pump so I would think that it would be okay to just lift but I was totally wrong. It’s supper hard and I don’t know what to do, because winter and rain is coming and my top is down. Please help .
thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
No need to disconnect any hydraulic ram cylinders or latches if you have a hydraulic leak and hydraulic pressure has already dissipated. The top is heavy. With the assistance of a strong helper, you can lift the top out of the trunk, place in the closed position and secure it manually.
Is there a hook or levers because it seems impossible to open the top back in order to get the top out of the car. Or do I open the trunk first?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts