Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Feels like this is an incomplete or trick question. You could sit in the car and press the trunk release on the remote fob. You could press the trunk release button on the drivers door. If you are sending this message whilst locked in the trunk, there is an emergency trunk release pull tab....

If there is a more nuanced question please let us know.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac G6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry Boomer, I’m serious. I’m an elderly lady who just got this car. There was no manual. My key fob does not work and I was just asking where I would find the inside trunk opener

·
08 convertible
328 Posts
Gwen, it's important to state questions in a complete and precise manner. If we try to guess what's on your mind we may give you the wrong answer.
You didn't say what year and model (4 door, coupe or convertible), but the owner's manual can be easily found online, for example:

I recommend you secure at least one working remote (key fob), and preferably 2. Especially if your car is a convertible, as the convertible does not have a trunk key lock.
And yes, if you mean unlock the trunk from the driver's seat, there is a button on the door.

·
Registered
568 Posts
On the Sedan, I believe the button is on the top of the speaker housing on the drivers door (number 7 in the picture). On the convertible it is on the underside of the arm with the window buttons (underside of where 3 and 5 are pointing).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry Boomer, I’m serious. I’m an elderly lady who just got this car. There was no manual. My key fob does not work and I was just asking where I would find the inside trunk opener
Gwen,
If you need help finding replacement key fobs, please let me (us) know
Burt

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac G6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My husband is getting a battery for it, but thanks so much. I love mY car and for an 84 year old Nana it’s pretty special. My license says NANA GO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts