Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, Got kid a 2006 GTP. Loving it so far but looking to get some more out of it down the road. I come from modding Grand Prixs turboing, camming, intercooling, tuning etc. Been in the Wbody game for 15 years.
Anyway been looking and it looks like no one has turbod a 3.9. I understand the trans is not the greatest (Same one we have in the grand prixs) I have some Hard parts from my gtp trans that I will be removing since I am going to 5 speed swap my grand prix, that will work in the G6 trans, 300m input mainly. Will be installing trans cooler and shift kit as well to help it. Trans was just rebuilt 10k ago before we bought it.
Reading alot that they cant be tuned? HPT says it supports the 3.9 06 gtp was wondering if anyone can confrim this. Also, is an upgraded fuel pump easy to drop into the G6 canister. Will be looking to upgrading injectors and going e85 if we decide to turbo. Have a person that can make the crossover, probably have to relocate battery to trunk, have a few spare turbos sitting around so wouldnt be to much. Biggest question is can it be tuned with HPT and what am I missing that no one has done it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Why waste the time energy and resources on a car this old... If you want a go fast car buy a go fast car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its my kids car and want to teach him stuff..already have plenty of fast cars and like to do stuff people haven't done. It's a hobby, everyone these days buys stuff and no one builds stuff or repairs anything on their own..when you do your own work stuff is cheap to so anyway...lol
Why waste the time energy and resources on a car this old... If you want a go fast car buy a go fast car!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Go for it then but don't go overboard in parts... What turbo or kit are you using for it?

·
2007 gt retractable
281 Posts
Its my kids car and want to teach him stuff..already have plenty of fast cars and like to do stuff people haven't done. It's a hobby, everyone these days buys stuff and no one builds stuff or repairs anything on their own..when you do your own work stuff is cheap to so anyway...lol

kids don't need fast cars.it just gets them in trouble or hurt.

·
ASE expert
75 Posts
Yes, You need to get a universal kit which will run off a jackshaft. It will require you to make room for a supercharger where the battery used to be. Battery will now have to go in trunk. Don't go all crazy and get huge boost one, the bottom end won't handle it. You will need different injectors, fuel pump, and a stand alone PCM which you will have to set your timing, fuel curve, ect...Your stock computer will have to be flashed as well to not go into limp mode as a lot of functions will be handled by a different unit. Also, very important, you can now only use standard copper plugs, so be prepared to give your car a tune up about twice a year now, no more 100,000 mile spark plugs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, You need to get a universal kit which will run off a jackshaft. It will require you to make room for a supercharger where the battery used to be. Battery will now have to go in trunk. Don't go all crazy and get huge boost one, the bottom end won't handle it. You will need different injectors, fuel pump, and a stand alone PCM which you will have to set your timing, fuel curve, ect...Your stock computer will have to be flashed as well to not go into limp mode as a lot of functions will be handled by a different unit. Also, very important, you can now only use standard copper plugs, so be prepared to give your car a tune up about twice a year now, no more 100,000 mile spark plugs.
Thanks...can the stock pcm not be tuned to run everything?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts