Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Slingin parts for Harry
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is Barry, my wife are finishing our little project which is an LE5 turbocharged G6. We're also on G6Performance.com, didn't know if this was a lot of the same people or not.

ECM tray

Fuse box tray

·
Slingin parts for Harry
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Intercooler bracket

Down pipe

Wastgate dump tube

·
Registered
123 Posts
beautiful! it's about time someone proved it could be done as the vast majority of the people around here seem to be extremely skeptical of such antics. and i'm glad to see you areen't wasting time with one of those remote mounted systems. post a parts list. what are you doing for tuning?

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Agreed this is further along than anyone else, but it's still a bunch of "myspace angles" - where's a nice full engine bay shot and better yet, a vid showing the awesomeness of sight & sound :D ?

·
Slingin parts for Harry
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
beautiful! it's about time someone proved it could be done as the vast majority of the people around here seem to be extremely skeptical of such antics. and i'm glad to see you aren't wasting time with one of those remote mounted systems. post a parts list. what are you doing for tuning?
Yea a rear mount setup on a car like this is plain f*ing stupid, personally I don't see why there are skeptics at all. It's not rocket surgery, you can make it work! lol.

Setup goes something like this-

*Borg Warner 57trim
*Tial 38mm
*Tial 50mm BOV
*2.5" down pipe (custom fab)
*ram horn style header (custom fab)
*AEM wide band
*Seimens 60lb injectors
*CXR bar/plate intercooler
*Turbo XS boost controler

·
Slingin parts for Harry
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These videos are shitty, just to warn you lol

·
Slingin parts for Harry
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTW if anyone gets my "myspace angles" reference, in the first vid you even sound a bit like Yeta :bolt:

;)
Yea I'm a pretty random guy, just being retarded.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Hey Barry, welcome over here. We're not as fast paced as G6P but we are here. Thanks for posting the turbo, I was beginning to think it was like BigFoot, never really caught on tape.

·
Slingin parts for Harry
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Barry, welcome over here. We're not as fast paced as G6P but we are here. Thanks for posting the turbo, I was beginning to think it was like BigFoot, never really caught on tape.
Yea lol, thanks!

So would this be the first turbo g6 period?

·
Slingin parts for Harry
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
Yea lol, thanks!

No that would be kyles 3.9L about three-four years ago. First one that actually runs probably though LOL

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Yea lol, thanks!

When you show us a cool video of the turbo in action, it will be the first.:D

according to these guys it would... like there is some forcefield around these cars making them un-moddable.
No force field, these cars are very mod-able but its easy to bullshit other members.

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Nice work, looks really nice, hope you get it tuned and runs great for you. It would be more impressive if it wasn't a 4cyl, But still nice work!

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
Nice work, looks really nice, hope you get it tuned and runs great for you. It would be more impressive if it wasn't a 4cyl, But still nice work!
Couldn't have said it better myself...

·
Slingin parts for Harry
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well we got it tuned today and it runs damn good on just 3lbs for now, I have videos of us tuning it, walk around, fly by, etc... The camera is in the car at the shop so I'll have them posted tomorrow, I'll also get a dyno video when we head over there next Friday.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts