Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was wondering if it would be worth it to Turbo Or Supercharge my Gxp Coupe? Questions...Which is better? Which is cheaper? How do i go about getting it done? Thanks :)

·
Legend
782 Posts
So i was wondering if it would be worth it to Turbo Or Supercharge my Gxp Coupe? Questions...Which is better? Which is cheaper? How do i go about getting it done? Thanks :)
turbo would give you more power. a supercharger is more predictable but less power. also do you want the supercharger whine or the turbo blow off sound? i don't know much about them. cruisinG6 knows a lot more about them with our 2.4 at least i know. there's someone over on cardomain with either a g6 gt or gxp with a turbo in it.

-J

·
Legend
782 Posts
also neither of them are going to be cheap. your deff looking a couple g's or so worth of parts labor and fab work. if you get it done at a shop.

·
Legend
782 Posts
Oh I didn't see working on it. I just saw the pic with it in there I didn't pay attention to much else lol :p

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
638 Posts
procharger would be easiest but i suggest you dont bother as unless you live around michigan/ detroit area your not going to be able to get it tuned properly and reliably.......not to mention with as high the CR is on the 3.6 you likely need to run race fuel cuz even 93oct would probably knock then.......

·
Registered
638 Posts
and BTW that guy is full of shit, thats not even the same car or engine in the last pic with the turbo, that was a previous owner of G6P's car, he stole the picture and put it up as his.....

theres also no way your gonna run a 13.4 1/4 mile with a 3.5 GT just because you added a 100 shot of nitrous, and anyone running a dry setup is an idiot looking to blow their engine.......

·
Legend
782 Posts
You clearly scrutinized that pic a lot more than I did lol I just came across it and was like cool and kept going. I wonder if anyone actually has turbo'd a g6.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmmmmm, well with the job i have now i could afford to do it thats not really the problem. What kinda hp could i expect to gain? Anyone with a gxp kno any really good mods for speed?

·
Legend
782 Posts
You could do all kinds of stuff. Cai, tune, injectors, performance pulleys, they make these little Fan things you can put in your intake and suck a little more air in for like 30 bucks on eBay lolol :p just depends on how much money you want to dump into it. Just get a crate GTO 6.2 engine and throw it in there and call it a day haha. :D
Or you can take it to a performance shop where all they do is make slow cars fast and fast cars even faster. And just tell them do whatever to your engine to make it nasty.

·
Registered
638 Posts
unless you have money your not going anywhere fast lol,headers are 1200 or so gain 28 hp,intake exhaust and tune after that everything is in the 2-3k range 1k for ported heads/valve job, 2600 for cams, 1800 for forged rods and pistons, 1600 for the CPR6 intake manifold unless we get some improvements made on the intake manifold were developing that will bring the costs down.....

and then u have to find someone to tune all that and unless they have a LOT of previous experiance tuning the 3.6 they wont be able to do it and do a goot reliable tune and will prob end up blowing your engine up, but the above mods are good for about 450-500hp which by that point you will probly need a new built trans that is almost 4k

·
Legend
782 Posts
^^^^^^^Yes!! I agree haha :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts