Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around for turbos for my 2007 Pontiac G6 2.4l i found one and it is on ebay. Im just wondering if anybody has any knowledge about turbos cause im not really all that for sure what all i need to have and if it is even worth 400.00 i know it has a few parts not in the kit such as blow off valve waste gage, oil lines. Any info would be appreciated

·
Registered
146 Posts
im not a turbo expert but i know this is gonna be very hard for you.
as no one here have successed with a turbo under the hood.
it involves a lot of custom works, e.g. the downpipe.
and after all, it needs to be well programmed.

·
MonsterG6
386 Posts
i asked about one awhile back and was told its a waste of money...so i didnt get one..

·
Registered
638 Posts
i asked about one awhile back and was told its a waste of money...so i didnt get one..
about the only ppl that have a shot at sucessful FI is the 2.4 and 3.6 since they are both all aluminum engines (not dissimilar block and head materials) and the 3.5 and 3.9 have head gasket issues stock anyways......the 3.6 is already sucessfully twin turboed in australia where the engine originated from and is pretty close here in the US..........

BTW i just noticed you are from Missoula, im workin in great falls right now :)just had class in helena this weekend LOL

·
MonsterG6
386 Posts
i just saw your other post on my progression page your pretty close like 130ish miles away...and thats not to bad. we will have to make a meet from spokane to montana...since people arent that far..its like 2.5 hours to spokane from missoula..or less

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
The only person to so far turbo a G6 did it to the 2.4 engine. More than $5000 into the project it was working but not correctly, and needed some more custom tuning - and that was just the engine part of things, not all the other work like beefing up the suspension and transmission. It was his girlfriend's car and they broke up, and after that there was no news on whether the project was ever completed.

~ MattInSoCal

·
MonsterG6
386 Posts
5000??? shit! the most ive put into my girlfriends car was new front speakers in her passat...i couldnt justify putting that muchin her junk car lol (already has a turbo lol)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was looking on youtube there is one on youtube that is turboed i wonder if it is a true working turbo?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts