Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at Turbos On E-Bay...Ive pretty much modded out my car visually to where i want it to be. Now im moving over to the performance end...even though its an automatic im looking for a little more 'get up and go' out of my Mistress :) As i was saying i seen some on ebay for like 250-400 dollars. Some are called Typhoon some Godsped. Can anyone tell me if this would be a good mod to get for my car? Also im not really sure what to look for when looking at turbos. What stats should i look at? some say things like PSI and AR wat do those things mean? also like 'max horsepower' meaning like....they only work up to 400hp or they can give u up to 400hp? Any help is appreciated.

Also...wat are some other performance mods i can buy to make her faster, and how much faster? Im open to any suggestions. I just dont wanna spend a lot on performance. nothing over like 400ish. THANKS.

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Uh...sounds like you should not be looking into turbo by the sounds of it.

For one....its not just buy a cheap ass 400$ turbo and plug it in...theres A LOT MORE to it than that....do some research..

It will take 5k+ to get a turbo going if you dont do the work yourself...reliably i mean.

Someone, some day...may get a turbo pushing a small amount of psi...but for the small gain you will get off that...whats the point?...i would want 350+ hp....and then your going to run into issues with other things failing under that kind of power on a car thats 240 stock....tranny and so on.

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
haha pretty much.

dont get me wrong, id LOVE to have sc/ turbo...push near 400 hp....delicious idea...

as simple as forced induction sounds...VERY complex with a modern car. will require you to beef up other internals, tuning, then god forbid something goes wrong....back to the shop...warranty wont cover that shit...getting into turbo or w.e....after market is quite a step.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
WAMS tune, intake, exhaust are the main performance mods. The 3.6L has headers and a few other tweaks, but basically going outside those 3 is risky and not worth the time and effort.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thanks abyssul. What exactly is the WAMS tune...ive seen a little bit about it but wat is it, wat kinda gains should i expect and how much is it?

@Dav3 thanks alot for the tips bro i appreciate it. i never thought about all the shit that could go wrong with adding speed to the car. its built to go as fast as it does if it goes alot faster id imagine shit will start to break. lol....so i guess ill stick with crabs and possibly a WAMS tune...

Thanks guys.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
WAMS tune modifys the cars computer PCM so that the car is more optimized for performance. Any more questions can be address by the search function.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts