Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am having a strange issue. My driver's side rear turn signal no long comes on. At first I thought it was just the bulb that blew but I'm now I'm not sure. I tested the bulb and it actually cuts on when I turn my lights on (night lights). If it's during the day, and I hit the right turn light, it cuts on, if I hit the left, only the front driver's side cuts on (signal on dash blinks faster) Now I think it might be a fuse since that bulb does cut on but I've looked through the manual like 8 times and I do not see the fuse that would control the turn signals. Can anyone help me?

·
Break My Wallet Tech
77 Posts
Might have a burnt contact point on the assembly, check connections at plug points as well (make sure not to touch the bulb with bare hands, use a rag or something).
I would also make sure that the bulb is not a double filament bulb.

I personally have not come across that issue with mine yet, but I work on BMWs and we see burnt contacts all the time

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Artic...I'll take a look at it this weekend. After all this Winter weather in NJ, it's time to shine my baby up...lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Currently having this exact same problem, did you ever fix this?? Anyone else have any clue about this one, I don't wnt to take it in and have some monkeys try and figure it out then just replace everything. HELP!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same here. Noticed left turn signal would click faster than the right. Checked the lights and the rear left does not blink. Pulled the bulb and both filaments appear to be fine. Figured a fuse or relay may be bad but cannot find a location for turn signal or brakelight fuse in the manual.
Anyone ??

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Same here. Noticed left turn signal would click faster than the right. Checked the lights and the rear left does not blink. Pulled the bulb and both filaments appear to be fine. Figured a fuse or relay may be bad but cannot find a location for turn signal or brakelight fuse in the manual.
Anyone ??
Brush the corrosion off the contact points in the socket as best you can. Get a new bulb & dielectric grease. Coat the base with a small amount of dielectric grease & reinstall. Don't touch the bulb glass. Otherwise, pull out your multimeter & start troubleshooting.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
I had this happen for a stealth chrome turn signal bulb. I installed a different bulb and it worked as intended. Faulty bulb IMO...

·
Registered
1 Posts
no turn signals

i am having an issue with my turn signals. I installed new headlights and now I have no turn signals in the front of my car now. they flash fast in the back. but when I plugged my old ones back in they worked perfectly. I have no idea what it could be. I'm hoping to get some help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts