Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone - I have a 2006 G6 with 45k miles. My driver side rear turn signal does not work. Also the driver side reverse light does not work.

Once the turn signal started working randomly. However it only lasted half hour but the reverse light still didn't work.
Everything on passenger side works fine.

Tail lights work fine.

I replaced the bulbs but that wasn't it. If I put a meter to the bulb sockets, it reads 0volts. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks much

·
Registered
422 Posts
Check your wiring. Start with checking to connections for corrosion, then test voltages at the connector. It should be a switched ground circuit meaning there is one positive wire and multiple ground wires.
Both reverse lights are one fuse (#17 in trunk it looks like), so that may not be your issue.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Hello everyone - I have a 2006 G6 with 45k miles. My driver side rear turn signal does not work. Also the driver side reverse light does not work.

Once the turn signal started working randomly. However it only lasted half hour but the reverse light still didn't work.
Everything on passenger side works fine.

Tail lights work fine.

I replaced the bulbs but that wasn't it. If I put a meter to the bulb sockets, it reads 0volts. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks much
Each side is separately grounded. Left side ground serves the:

tail
marker
backup
stop
turn signal
license plate

Since you report the tail is working we can eliminate ground 401 as the culprit. Also, there is no fuse in common with those circuits.

http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2634&stc=1&d=1323980877

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts