Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2007 gt retractable
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my turn signal switch now won't stay on left turns and won't turn off rights.i guess i need a new switch?

·
Registered
1 Posts
my turn signal switch now won't stay on left turns and won't turn off rights.i guess i need a new switch?
Dear Zenish, I will let you know for sure after I replace my signal, but yes you will most likely need to replace it. I already have the replacement part. I had the same exact issue (left signal does not stay and neither right nor left return to position). I understand many G6 GTP 3.9L owners have replaced their switch signal. It is very easy to replace. However, attention to details is important as the clips holding the signal switch can break easily if they are forced in the wrong direction or greater force than required is applied to remove them. There are some G6 Signal Switch Replacement Instructional Videos, but only 1 or two have shown competent replacement. The rest gets you upset needlessly.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, you need a new switch. They are lie $30-40 to buy a new one, and very easy to replace yourself. i had to do it on our 2007 after the turn signal would not turn off after completing a turn.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes, a very simple procedure to replace that stalk module. Likewise, door locks, window lifts and door switches. I would much rather do these repairs on my Pontiac than my Honda. I know, I know, surprised me too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts