Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The turn signals will not stop unless you manually stop them and sometimes the left turn signal will not engage. What causes this and what is the fix other than taking it to the dealer. Thanks

·
Registered
638 Posts
sounds like you need a new turn signal switch, shouldn't be too hard to replace yourself once you get the part

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
& to make it even easier 4 u here's the amazon link:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-D6253E-Signal-Dimmer-Function/dp/B004940ZNK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383803040&sr=8-1&keywords=G6+turn+signal[/ame]

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CruisinG6 your article was really good and with the instructions it was the easiest switch to put in I've ever done. The dealer told me the steering wheel needed to be removed and a sensor for the air bag would have to be replaced, I called another one and was told the same thing but the price went from 400.00 to possibly 500.00. The dealers really hurt themselves when they stretch a job out like this, I would have felt better if they told me it was a fairly easy job and they could do it for the cost of the part and minimum of 1/2 hour labor or even 1 hr labor. There are times when I do not have the time or part and would pay if I felt they were treating me fairly. I took less than 10 minutes to do this and that was with getting a couple of tools out of my garage

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
BG1 I am glad to hear it! It was pretty simple when I did it. the first two times the dealer did it, and I waited 2 hours both times.
I kept holding the signal while the steering wheel turned back because of a double turn. I learned to stop doing that and finally stopped braking them.
I agree the dealers do a pretty good job at shooting themselves in the foot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
TO ALL: Thank you for keeping me informed on how to maintain my 2007 G6 Convertible (53,343 miles). Over the years, you have save me a significant amount of money. Including the whistling resonator noise, the gas struts for the trunk lid support, and now the turn signal arm - the dealer wanted $640 to replace it! They said that the switch/mount has been modified and needed to be upgraded. With your help, and the YouTube video's, I made the repair myself in 15 minutes and for only $20 - THANKS AGAIN FOR THIS WEBSITE!!! Part from Amazon is:
Turn Signal Switch Headlamp Dimmer Switch for 2004-2012 Chevy Malibu 2005-2011 Pontiac G6 2007-2009 Saturn Aura Replace # D6253E 20940369 SW8004 NOTE: I did have to sightly file a very small amount of material off of the locking tangs mating surface, to get them to lock into place - no big deal, just wanted to let all know. My next project will be front rotors/pads - the factory OEM are horrible, don't last and cause vibration due to warping. I'm considering a Power Stop K1610-26 kit (296mm diameter) - includes cross drilled&slotted rotors & pads. Would anyone have any experience with this aftermarket option?

·
Registered
33 Posts
There is nothing wrong with GM's rotors and pads. I'm not a fan of "performance" parts. Things like $30 radiator fans are NOT an upgrade. Same for cheap stainless steel braided brake lines which are in no way superior to stock lines. In fact they are probably a downgrade. For warped rotors...avoid spraying cold water on hot rotors. I realize the steam is way cool though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts