Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Turning into driveway.. BAM! Power steering fails!

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Gambit 
#1 ·
I was driving home from a trip to the mall with no problems, then all of a sudden as I turn into the driveway the maintenance light comes on and the car beeps. I didn't know what was wrong at first because I was driving in a straight line up the driveway, but sure enough as I straightened out my wheel I knew something was wrong. It's now like trying to drive a tank, and it'll makes noises whenever I turn the wheel.

I shut off the car multiple times and everytime I turn it back on it works for about 5 seconds then fails again. Does that mean that it's a fluid problem?

Has anyone had anything like this happen to them? What's the cost for something like this? I tried researching it a little bit, and it seems I'm not the only one. The furthest I could get was that GM was looking into recalling pontiac G6's for this, but that was in 2007, so I don't think they ever did recall it because I would have heard.

I've never had this happen before and I don't know what to do! What if this had happened when I was on the highway or something?!

Please help me because I have places to go in this car!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.