Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I'm in the process of ordering a CRAB system (got the itch already!) and I liked the thought of having a ram air system too. I looked at the MPD hood, and I like the look of it. My dad suggested turning the hood scoops on the stock street edition hood into a functional ram air system and I was just wondering if anyone had done something like that before. Any advice or words of wisdom are appreciated!

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
i think I answered you on the other site already...but there are structural braces behind
the vents so even if you took the whole vent out not allot of air would get in there.

You would have to fiberglass or tunnel it over to your intake.

I saw a camaro with a ram air hood. All they did was pop rivit a panel to the underside of the hood with a dump over the airbox. It didnt look bad.

Something like that might work....if you feel like fabricating something up....?
if I could find a GXP hood Id give it a shot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You did, but thank you! I appreciate the insight. I'll talk to my dad and see what he has access to at work and see if we can work something out. Might just end up going through the lower grilles though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I came across the Tiger Crab! Looks like a neat invention but I don't know if it's what I'm going for necessarily.

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
get out the dremel and cut away! its 2 holes away from being functional

1 - 6 of 6 Posts