Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I'm Adam, and my wife and I are new '09 G6 owners as of 10:30 last night!
We bought the GT Sedan in the Diamond White. It looks great!
I have two questions for you all. I did a search and could not find much about either.
1) We can get some nasty snow and ice in Ohio and I was wondering if there was such a thing as heated mirrors for this car? Or if there was something that would help with those in the cold wet weather (rain-x etc.).
2) I regards to the USB port on the stereo. The book says that on 1st-3rd generation nanos work. We have a 4th gen...will that work? We also have a iPod mini, is that useless with the USB?
Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Hello Everyone,
I'm Adam, and my wife and I are new '09 G6 owners as of 10:30 last night!
We bought the GT Sedan in the Diamond White. It looks great!
I have two questions for you all. I did a search and could not find much about either.
1) We can get some nasty snow and ice in Ohio and I was wondering if there was such a thing as heated mirrors for this car? Or if there was something that would help with those in the cold wet weather (rain-x etc.).
2) I regards to the USB port on the stereo. The book says that on 1st-3rd generation nanos work. We have a 4th gen...will that work? We also have a iPod mini, is that useless with the USB?
Thanks!!
1. No factory heated mirrors that I'm aware of. I would think you would find that out before you bought the car, but that's just me...:D

I would say no to rain-x. It can cause more problems than what it does, so don't bother, just make sure to put your wipers up when you get snow or ice and you should be fine.

2. I image it'll work, but plug it in and try, that's the best way to find out:rolleyes:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Congrats on the new G6 purchase!

As KB G6 said, heated mirrors are not an option, at least that I've seen. I wouldn't suggest RainX as I've had issues with it in the past. As far as the USB port, I'd try it and see. The worst that could happen is that it blows up :D

Enjoy your car.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Thanks for the welcome to all!
Sorry you all don't approve of the color...I'll be sure to check with you next time :D
I don't think the G6 came in a straight up white. Wifie's 6 isn't the same "white" as yours but its def not just white.
J/K bout the yuck part, I dare not say my favorite G6 color.:p

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Thanks for the welcome to all!
Sorry you all don't approve of the color...I'll be sure to check with you next time :D
Don't worry after a few days in the OH winter you'll find out that your white car is actually gray from all the salt on the road. :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't worry after a few days in the OH winter you'll find out that your white car is actually gray from all the salt on the road. :p
I hear you there. It will be in a garage thankfully, but we like our winter roads extra salty in Ohio!
The color is actually a white tricoat. So there is a mixture of colors...they call it white diamond, I think. It kinda changes colors depending on the lighting and how you are looking at it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.