Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st: i would like to know which oil would bring the best performances to my 2008 pontiac g6 3.5L. any suggestions? i hear pennzoil ultra or platinum would be the best.

2nd: i just realized i have a speed limiter of 170 km/h and i was wondering how i could remove it. any1 knows? (i went to do some drag racing for fun :p and i didnt get passed 170 km/h :( and i was like wtf? xD)

· Registered
292 Posts
- Which Oil, well that quickly turns into a heated debate. Everyone has their own opinions which works best. Personally I think any good quality Synthetic will do the trick.

-WAMS performance turn will remove the governor. I thought it still let you go faster than 170 though?

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
xD uhmmmm what is WAMS perfomance turn? and no it does not let me go more then 170 lol

· Premium Member
1,063 Posts
WAMS is a piece of software to tune the engine to make it more powerful, It will remove the governor to let you go faster but you will need to use a higher octane fuel 93. But not sure why you would wanna go faster than 170 lol..

· Banned
258 Posts

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that wams thing is the 2007+ G6/Malibu/Aura 3.5L Performance Tune item ? the one tahts 299$? if so then ill ahve to wait for next summer lol.

· Premium Member
1,063 Posts
yeah it is and dont forget that you are gonna have to ship them your ECM so your car will be useless until it gets back.

· Moderator Member Thingy
1,369 Posts
That's weird. When I bought my G6, I took it for a test drive on the interstate and got up to 130 mph stock. (208 km/h)

· Premium Member
5,786 Posts
WAMS is a nickname that I actually started about a year ago for a company called
White Automotive & Media.
Chris White runs it. He is on this board.
His username is GTPprix.

He is a tuner. He uses HP Tuning software to make adjustments to the over 5000 parameters within the program for our ECM/PCM/TCM's.

The only way to do what your asking for is with a tune.

Since HP Tuners no longer supports the G6 platform a guy would be guessing if he tried to tune your car sans any experience with the G6. So you have to find someone with experience.

There are 3.

1. Westers. They are in Canada. Google them.
2. Vector. Chris White wrote the tune for them and is cheaper than they are.
3. Chris White.

Soooooo thats what was meant by WAMS is the only way to go. You can actually go to anyplace that uses HP Tuning software but without the HP support I wouldnt.

Its important to have someone experienced with the tunes written to your car. not just tuning cars but tuning G6's.

I bought a ECM off ebay from the same model and year G6 and sent it to him so I can swap them out at will. When I want a 93 tune I throw it on & make sure I have 93 in the tank. When gas hit $3.50 a gallon I put the stocker back on....

This also keeps your car from being down if you send in your stocker.

I think Chris now sells them allot cheaper than GM so check out his PCM prices.

Anyways....Thats WAMS. I called it that cause I wanted a sticker on my back glass showing the tuning company and White Automotive & Media just didnt sound..well... Speedy.
Im glad it caught on. lol

· Moderator Member Thingy
1,369 Posts
Im not 100% sure but doesnt a car being from canada have anything to do with the speed limiter its set at.
Just stating that my stock PCM could run higher and I provided a conversion in units.

· Registered
292 Posts
I've never bothered to do a top speed run in my 6. To many deer and there is also the issue of the law. Back in Ontario if you were caught doing 50km/h over the limit more than two times they would actually crush your car. Some anti-street racing thing, not to mention the outrageous fines that would go with it. I'm going to have to test that Canadian theory though cause I'm sure I've gone faster than 170km/h before.

· Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Ive been to 160KMh to pass some cars on the highway but ive never really pushed the 6....no need to lol

· ;)
386 Posts
Just stating that my stock PCM could run higher and I provided a conversion in units.
i should of also quoted happy56owner seeing that he's the one that wants more speed. I have yet to push my car to the limit, still babying it. Im sure it will happen. Im more of a corners & splitting traffic type of guy. I figure theres more potential for improvement in the handling dept than the power & speed.

· Registered
292 Posts
190Km/h

tested my car and it will do 190km/h stock so that's 118mph. I think I could have gone faster but ran out of road. So that whole Canadian myth thing is busted.

· Registered
292 Posts
I tested it during the day, Alberta has nothing but long straight roads with nobody in sight! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.