Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have received an email this morning from aitracing.com -

"Dear customer, We finished the prototype kit for the Sedan just two weeks ago. We are in process of creating the mold for mass production. Sincerely, AITRacing.com"

This is the one that, if you all do not know, i have been dying to get. Just figured I would spread the word on this because personally, I'm no fan of the razzi or duraflex kits, and perhaps some of you are not either.. Price was not said and I hope this is for real and not aitracing.com just saying that to shut me up.

We'll see...

·
Registered
292 Posts
are their any pictures of this prototype anywhere? Hopefully its affordable.

edit*
Well the best I can find for pictures and info is on their site. But It looks as though you can already purchase this bumper for $295. My question is would the grills be included, (are they all together different from stock??). I would definitely be interested in this front bumper.
http://www.aitracing.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=33_371

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are their any pictures of this prototype anywhere? Hopefully its affordable.
I know of the front bumper and the hood is available for the sedan right now. I asked about the side skirts and the rear bumper.. So we can get the full kit for $700 ish.. I emailed them again today and I don't expect a reply till tomorrow.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/04/web580-gxp.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.autoblog.com/tag/Pontiac%2BG6/&usg=__6xkUpLBlDSsaX9M7CAx5YGLNpgU=&h=351&w=580&sz=64&hl=en&start=36&um=1&tbnid=8FcJc39t_5141M:&tbnh=81&tbnw=134&prev=/images%3Fq%3DPontiac%2Bg6%2Bbody%2Bkits%26ndsp%3D21%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26start%3D21%26um%3D1

much like that one - the 2004 SEMA show car.

**EDIT** - Once you click on the link, scroll down till you see the orange Pontiac G6 and click the photo for about 19 more photos.

·
Registered
292 Posts
ya that orange GXP in the link is sweet. I am seriously considering it. But it could be costly as I'm in Canada and shipping could be an arm and a leg. It looks like different grills though so I hope those would be included. I think Darlene might have sold her bumper though, I think I saw a thread on G6 performance about it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I had a thought... (it comes as a surprise to myself as well). But could you manipulate this bumper for ram air by making the one side intake functional?

EXAMPLE
the orange one
or the one below

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well, on the topic of manipulation, what do you all think about meshing the CPT with the razzi since, as this moment in time the front and hood is only available to us Sedaners.. WOuld the razzi side skirts and rear bumper look good you think?

and Devriesd, are you talking about using the space gaps on the far left and far right, beside the fog lights, for air flow through them into a CAI for example? Or RAM AIR, which ever.

·
Registered
292 Posts
If its like Darlene's those side gills are funtional and open.

Darlene....you dont know Darlene?
In cardomain she is number one under the Pontiac G6.

No I don't know her but her car is talked about a lot on these forums. so I guess I know the car. :D.

Do you think those side gills would actually force enough air through to the air filter or would you need to direct the air somehow? Like your tiger crab (I think thats what you called it) you made Lampoon before the MPD hood.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Actually I made the TC (TigerCrab) after the hood. I was just in a fabb'in mood. lol
I was trying to find a way to make a do-it-yourself Ram Air that people could do
who could not afford the hood. Having the added pressure and air into my intake box
doesnt suck either. lol

This new bumper will direct air right to the quarter panel...Thats a good thing!
From there you have a 4" opening to your intake which = more air.
So thats good. I made the TC directing the flow up to the CAB to give it + pressure.
I think if you just open up your front end to your quarter its like holding a box outside
your window with a hole cut out on its side for you to breath from. Now stick a 4"
tube face forward out the window that bends directly to your mouth. Less drag and I believe more air -directed to the exact spot you want it = AWESOMESAUCE.

The TC is a do-it-yourself Ram Air without the drag.

This bumper is a big step up from stock but I do not believe it comes close to rivaling
the TC or a Ram Air Hood.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks for the info Lampoon;
If it weren't for Canadian winters I probably would have installed a TC like system already. The snow would just clog up that system Then I would have no air flow. I suppose I could disconnect it during the winter months, but who knows if I would remember at that point.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.