Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hit an animal on the way to work today. Not sure what it was, although it was smaller than a Dog and bigger than a Skunk (maybe a ****?). I did not know I took damage until I got to work. Here is the list of damage I have seen so far:

Small light is broke out of its holder.
Crack alone the front-right side fender, making it loose around the wheel area and in front.
A Black canister (made out of plastic) is broke off. This is the part Im not sure what it is. Here is some information about it:

GM P.N. 15224385
Delphi P.N. 25374853
Cavity #2

It looks like a mini gas tank. It came off of the front-right, behind the fender. It was connected to what looks like an exhaust tube for the A.C. The end of the tube looks similar to what the A.C. looks like behind your vents inside your car.

Any help? : ( there is some liquid inside of it, clear, and I cant smell it.

Thanks in advance.

Landon

·
Registered
62 Posts
pictures would be good. But it sounds like the vapor canister, part of the emissions system, if it is the check engine light/also loose gas cap should show up soon.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont have a way to take a picture until later tonight when my girlfriend gets here, but I searched the vapor canister/EVAP and none of the pictures look like what I have in my hand.

Is there any way you could post a picture of that part, maybe im looking at the wrong ones?

·
Registered
638 Posts
that is the resonator for the air intake, basically it makes the car quieter, most people atually remove it from the car when they install a cold air intake, so if you have a CAI or ar gonna put one in, id just take the rest of it off as well and not worry about replaceing it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.