Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have a high interest rate and 24000 owed on my 05 -the 06 is 24000 or so-trade the 05 for 17500 - pay tax on the new price minus the trade = tax-put down 2000 -GMAC finances the new one (higher than my loan now but less interst-125 lower per month payment -it works out less than now--yes you lose a little but less interest percent is worth it to me

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Explr1 said:
So what would your payment be and for how long? Is it a loan, or SmartBuy? Remember, your probably going to be paying more for gas and insurance with the GTP. I would kind of like a GTP, but not willing to go over $350 a month with a car/insurance payment.
payment would be about 375 for 72 - but at 5 % instead of 11 - pus a 06 -it works out for me-insurance is 75 more per year

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
S8ER99 said:
Red tag sale?

I was informed by the dealership yesterday that there isn't any way to support my negative equity on ANY vehicle.. how are people dumping their 05s already?
you can't get rid of the negative equity-but to trade my car now I get top dolar instead of a few years-plus the red tag--try another dealer if you want to trade

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Robyn P said:
Well I've been dealing with my Pontiac Dealership all morning. Contacted the dealership that I got the G6 from. I am looking at an 05 Grand Prix GT. Red Tag price is 22 something. I estimated a payment of 499 if I paid 32+ for this car, which is not what I would pay, just picked a high number to go on. Let me tell you the dealership must be on something, the "allowed" me 21+ for my G6 and came up with a 600 per month payment for 72 months!!!!!! :eek: i was looking at my payment being the same, from the way I calculated it on the GMAC calculator. I have e-mailed the dealership and asked how he came up with 600 per month, I'll let you know!!! :bolt:
be careful--they add Gap insurance--alarms etc--just make sure you get the ful red tag-about 3400 or so-plus your trade--plus any money down--and you pay tax on the difference of the new price and the trade in price--good luck!

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
update on opinion

I traded my gt for a 06 gtp-got a good deal with that red tag sale--lower interest rate etc. will i lose some money-you always lose a little with a vehicle-anyway-thx for all the advice -

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
my good deal-i got a 2006 gtp--at 3.9 % verses 10 - my loan paid in full from the 05 and a loan for the 06 lesser amount due to the red tag sale - I paid the tax on the difference of trade and new and will pay about 75 less per month -39 months smart buy-the figure seemed to work--also I added gap insurance -just in case

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
gap

I am paying 5.69 per month for Gap- 39* month smart buy 3.9% - about 375 per month - i put 1500 down- the numbers worked for me-i want a new car every few years--but want the option of selling it if i want when i want--a car always depreciates you never can go even or make money--except on my 63 corvette-lol--have a nice holiday

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.