Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got my g6 GT, very clean! I was thinking of putting in a cold air intake but is it worth it? It has 123k miles and its a 2006. Not sure if the high.miles will be to get a cai. If it is a good idea what type of gains could I look at with a crabs vs a k&n?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
A cold air intake is always worth it. More colder air getting into the engine will always improve performance and economy.

Crabs is the popular choice, and It seems to be much better quality than the K&N. Plus the cab heat shield is larger and actually does the job, unlike the K&N.

After an intake you should look into exhaust and a tune. Those three alone will really help the performance out a lot. Then of course you've got your handling and all the other stuff. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A cold air intake is always worth it. More colder air getting into the engine will always improve performance and economy.

Crabs is the popular choice, and It seems to be much better quality than the K&N. Plus the cab heat shield is larger and actually does the job, unlike the K&N.

After an intake you should look into exhaust and a tune. Those three alone will really help the performance out a lot. Then of course you've got your handling and all the other stuff. :D
Is it.worth it with 123k miles?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
The high miles really won't make a difference when it comes to getting an intake. Or any other mods. People buy old cars all the time and build power into em.

Its not like your adding a Turbo and pushing your gaskets and internals to the limit.

·
Registered
245 Posts
If you are interested in a CRABS intake you should check out the for sale section as I am selling mine for cheap! Just saying

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm selling it because I sold my G6 for a G8. The heat shield is WAY better than the K&N one. Plus you can order the FPU upgrade which gives you better performance. Basically a better heat shield and a bigger front pipe than the others

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Also, if you plan to get a WAMS tune in the future, they are written to work with the CRAB intake. So it'll run better tuned with a crabs intake vs tuned with a K&N.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts