Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just purchased a 2009.5 Pontiac G6 GT Convertible that has the upper dash trim cracked. I am in need of a #20780870, which I found out is no longer in production.
Anyone know where this part can be acquired?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Have to remove the pillar plastic trim pieces first, lifts vertically held on by clips.
Piece is 54"L X 12"W at it's widest point.
Oh it can be removed without having to pull the entire dash assembly? That suddenly doesn't sound too awful.
Mine has areas where it doesn't lay perfectly flat, been like that since new. Always thought about pulling it up to see if I can add velcro or something

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh it can be removed without having to pull the entire dash assembly? That suddenly doesn't sound too awful.
Mine has areas where it doesn't lay perfectly flat, been like that since new. Always thought about pulling it up to see if I can add velcro or something
Upper trim has to be removed first to gain access to the upper dash bolts. I would guess the warmer the weather the less likely it will crack while lifting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I replaced the one that was cracked (all the defrost vent lines) on my son's 2006 G6. I did the searches you did then sent an email to GM Parts Direct: Call 866-807-4472 or email them at [email protected]. They were able to locate two new old stock (black) at the Eagle River NY GM Dealer. I paid $139.00 shipped. It was brand new in the box. That was almost a year ago. But at that time they had found several dealers for me to call.
So even though online indicates discontinued, they were able to trace a few dealers that had them in their personal inventory.

It was easy to replace. Just have to make sure the headlight sensor little bulb snaps in and doesn't fall into the defrost vent. Took me an hour to use a shop vac and vacuum tube to get it out.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also looking for one of these between the rear seats on a convertible.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I replaced the one that was cracked (all the defrost vent lines) on my son's 2006 G6. I did the searches you did then sent an email to GM Parts Direct: Call 866-807-4472 or email them at [email protected]. They were able to locate two new old stock (black) at the Eagle River NY GM Dealer. I paid $139.00 shipped. It was brand new in the box. That was almost a year ago. But at that time they had found several dealers for me to call.
So even though online indicates discontinued, they were able to trace a few dealers that had them in their personal inventory.

It was easy to replace. Just have to make sure the headlight sensor little bulb snaps in and doesn't fall into the defrost vent. Took me an hour to use a shop vac and vacuum tube to get it out.
I checked with 2 GM dealers and both did a search with no luck. I did get one out of a wrecked G6 that was pretty descent.
Thanks for the input.
Now I am looking for the above part that goes in between the seats on a convertible, part #15238384, if any one knows of one. Mine has the tabs missing that holds it in place, pic's above.

·
Registered
2006 GTP coupe f40, 2007 SE sedan(c3y)
17 Posts
that saved me taking it to a local shop thanks, lol I thought it would be like 5-6 hours
Have to remove the pillar plastic trim pieces first, lifts vertically held on by clips.
Piece is 54"L X 12"W at it's widest point.

·
Registered
2008 G6 GT Sedan
10 Posts
Thanks for the tip on contacting dealers to do a search for discontinued products. I never thought of it. I don't mind pulling parts from a salvage yard, but I would rather replace old parts with UNUSED parts if I can.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts