Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I REALLY really want the hood scoops from the gxp coupe, on my GXP sedan. I have found some, but not the "stock" scoops that actually comes on the GXP. Does anyone know whether the hoods are the same? As in, can i get a hood from a coupe and put it on a sedan? I tried looking up the measurements but I couldnt find a site that explained it well enough for me to understand. Any help would be SO appreciated :)! thank you!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it should work. If you want a link to a carbon fiber one, I got one.
I looked at the carbon fiber hoods, and I liked them but not for my car. My car I just sold had a $600 VIS racing one on it and it was a bitch to take care of. Also I dont want to rice out my car, thats the image I get when I imagine my car with a CF hood on it. But Im going to see what a body shop will charge to paint and install a coupe hood on mine :) thank you guys so much :D

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Might I suggest the MPD ram air hood? If I were buying a hood with the scoops on it I would want them to be more then just for looks. Lampoon has one on his sedan and it looks sweet. I hope to buy one for my coupe.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Might I suggest the MPD ram air hood? If I were buying a hood with the scoops on it I would want them to be more then just for looks. Lampoon has one on his sedan and it looks sweet. I hope to buy one for my coupe.
Do you have the link for that ^? Someone told me that if you have a car with Ram air that you cant drive it in the rain, is that true?

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
I know of a lot of people with ram air grand ams and firebirds and they drive in the rain with no problems. Waterfowler's link is a good one for the MPD hood, I dont think anyone else sells it other than MPD.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
Make sure it comes with the scoops cause they are separate and are around $100 for each.
Ive driven mine in hurricanes....it rams air to the intake. There are many twists in the hood and drainage holes and any residual water goes out the bottom of the cab.

Zero water issues here.

But I understand your love of the GXP hood!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Make sure it comes with the scoops cause they are separate and are around $100 for each.
Ive driven mine in hurricanes....it rams air to the intake. There are many twists in the hood and drainage holes and any residual water goes out the bottom of the cab.

Zero water issues here.

But I understand your love of the GXP hood!!
Yeah, a guy said you had a hood on your car like the one im looking for. Do you have a pic of your car with it on? I really like it but im not sure how it would look on my car :)

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Your car would look sweet with the MPD hood and be more individualized with it and it is FUNCTIONAL RAM AIR (MORE HP and sounds cool at a stop)! That is my oppinion but yes don't let us sway you, either way when you make your decision and put it on you have to post pics.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Your car would look sweet with the MPD hood and be more individualized with it and it is FUNCTIONAL RAM AIR (MORE HP and sounds cool at a stop)! That is my oppinion but yes don't let us sway you, either way when you make your decision and put it on you have to post pics.
Dont get me wrong, I do like that hood alot! the problem I have is spending $600 on a hood with scoops, when I have a perfectly good hood on my car :( . I just wish i could find scoops to put on it that look good but i havent found any, Im going to be making my mind up soon cause im going back to college soon and i wont be making all the money i do now :) pic's are def coming soon :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts