Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have come up before but is there a way to hook up an ipod to the factory radio in a G6 other then using one of those I-trip things. I mean is there a way to connect it on the rear of the radio (AUX input). Probably not but its worth a shot.

·
Registered
174 Posts
This may have come up before but is there a way to hook up an ipod to the factory radio in a G6 other then using one of those I-trip things. I mean is there a way to connect it on the rear of the radio (AUX input). Probably not but its worth a shot.
Depending on which head unit your car has (newer ones have front aux inputs) it could be as easy as getting a double sided 3.5 headphone cable and plugging it in that way. But in my case since i don't have that head unit and really didn't want to mess with wiring and ripping out my stereo, I just got a relativley expensive fm transmitter that works really well with the car. And depending on how much money you want to spend, you could buy a whole head unit off eBay or something and replace your stereo with that one which has an aux jack...

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
I think integrated solutions makes an adapter. It costs about the same as upgrading
your stereo to the 08+ model w/aux though.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Solution: AUX Inputs

I know this thread is kinda old but I needed I place to share what I know about the subject. I was plagued with the same problems as most people when it comes to AUX inputs for the 2005 monsoon stereo or rather the lack of inputs. So I decided to go with the uPAC-GM11B Audio adapter and it was a very easy install. It was not difficult but time consuming because you have to take apart the lower dash to gain access to the back of the radio. however I followed the 'how to' instruction off the forum and it was simple. With this product you have full control of your iPod from your stereo and steering wheel controls. Also displays song/artist info on factory stereo DIN(or whatever the name of the screen is called). It can switch through the input using the 'Band' button.

It has:
-RCA right & left inputs
-3.5mm input
-Ipod connect input jack

In retrospect it may not have been the cheapest solution but it certainly sounds good. I will always encourage people to do their research though as you might find something better.

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
got mine ordered. $104.00 can't wait. According to the instructions, If you have a XM button "or" a BAND button it will work.

·
Registered
128 Posts
For the longest my solution to this was to cut the XM radio input and hard wire a headphone jack in its place. This pass week I ponder turning on my XM radio on again so I installed a DPDT switch and mounted it in the top part of the cubby next to the cigarette lighter port. Now when the radio is in the XM band I can switch over to the headphone jack to listen to my Samsung Epic whenever I want.

Might not be the cleanest install but I refuse to pay $100 to get an AUX input when I can do it for under $10. I'll post a how to when I finish putting everything together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts