Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: I drive a GTP 6 speeder in Montreal (Canada). When we get some heavy snow or rainfalls, there is some vapor coming out from the front grill. It is quite noticeable, even when I shut the engine off. Looks like water hits the radiator grill and goes boiling. Also, I get a cracking from what seems to be a heatsheild cooling down. The craking migth stay for more than 5 munites after the engine is shut off. The temperature gage is normal.
I imagine if this his a normal situation, than all G6's should do the same thing...

Has anyone encountered the same situation? :confused:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is my 27 th car. Never had fumes before. Could it be the front design. The grill is quite deep on g6's. Had a 01 Grand Am before, did'nt have this situation. I still wonder?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sounds normal. IF yuou are seeing the rain hit the radiator then that is most likely what the vapor is, I've noticed a tiny bit ony my car but its barely noticeable. As for the cracking I've heard cars that do it an hour after having been driven for a while.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It doesn't get that cold here so I wouldn't notice any vapor. The popping noise you hear is normal, my dad's Ford truck does the same thing. Lots of aluminum in new vehicles and they pop when they cool down.

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is all normal. Popping sound happens all the time during cooldown. Vapour is really noticable when I get out of a carwash in cold weather. Looks like the engine is on fire lol.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Normal. Mine did it when coming out of a car wash on a cold day. It's just air humidity vapourizing.

I thought the effect was very cool, looks as if my car is steaming through its nostrils!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts