Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i'm driving my car slightly veers left. Its somewhat a slight and unnoticable thing, but i have to hold the wheel to correct it which eventually becomes a pain if i want to drive with my knees or w/e.

What is the problem. Tires out of alignment?

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I have the same problem, pulls to the left too. I'm thinking alignment, but I don't want to get an alignment until I get some new tires because the Falkens are not good in snow.

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
110 Posts
Caster, Camber, Toe..

It would be alignment..

Altough, if you are breaking, and it veers to the left it could also be due to your calipers/brakes/rotors..

Rotor 'worping' is the problem to that. So I would just take it to the mechanic because thats really the only way to fix it. I wouldn't pay more than $75 for alignment unless they have to mess with camber and caster.

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
Mine did the same thing when i bought it, Had it tested for alignment problems. Didn't find anything. Finally I switched the front tires and then it pulled to the right. So Bought 4 new Michelin tires and no problems now.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I plan to do 4 new Eagle GTs and alignment done at the same time sometime later this year. For some reason I don't have unusual tire wear that is a tell tell sign of a misalignment. I have rotated the tires only about 3 times since I've had it. (25,000 miles approx.)

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like its not bad.... just enough to annoy me.

·
Registered
638 Posts
unequal tire pressures will also cause it. just had to get a rental car since mine is in the shop haveing some paint work done b/c someone keyed it. :(
got a g6 as a rental and it veers left. just scrolling thru the menu i saw that LF was 27psi, RF was 35psi, LR was 39psi and RR was 32PSI i made it so they were all 30 and the problem wnet away. in mine i have it set so they all read 30, if one is like 29 or 31 it bugs me if they arent all the same number haha.

but just and idea for ya to check.

BTW this rental G6 is a joke, it looks like it was originally red b/c everywhere there is a scratch red shows thru the white and the front bumper has a really crappy paint job. and there are 3 different styles of the 17" wheels on it. the ppl at the rental place gave my new 09.5 i had booked to someone else b/c i got out of work 3 hours late b/c of a wire wreck due to the ignorant general foreman. so much for our 40 hours and going home. worked 84 hours this week.

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
I would get you alignment done every two oil changes. And tires rotated about that same time. Goodyear where I get my car tires rotated and my alignment done cost about $5 a tire for rotation. and about $50 for alignment. but thats a good investment to keep tires healthy and lasting longer!

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Check your tire PSI's for sure that would be the first thing to check, that can cause a pull. Then if that dosen't fix it you could swap your two front tires around make sure a tire isn't causing the pull, those are the two things you can do. If that dosent fix it take it to the pros, and have the alignment checked, you could purchase a lifetime alignment from a lot of places they usually cost like twice or three times the price of one alignment, but it is worth it if you are going to keep the car for a long period of time. Should be checked twice a year, if you want to get the best wear from your tires.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I would get you alignment done every two oil changes. And tires rotated about that same time. Goodyear where I get my car tires rotated and my alignment done cost about $5 a tire for rotation. and about $50 for alignment. but thats a good investment to keep tires healthy and lasting longer!
eh I think every 2 oil changes is a bit of overkill. I wouldn't get an alignment unless you notice uneven tire wear, shaking, or the veering issue.

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
eh I think every 2 oil changes is a bit of overkill. I wouldn't get an alignment unless you notice uneven tire wear, shaking, or the veering issue.
True. But at the same time. Average American driver drives about 15,000 to 20,000 miles a year. I drive about 40,000 a year. Its not a bad thing if you do 20,000 a year to at least get 2 alignments within a year. Cant hurt. I rotate when I align to so therefore my tires are doing really good. Still got the same ones on when I got the car. 75,000 Miles on the car now. and still have 5's on the tires. ;) So it does pay off.

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I drive about 8-10k miles a year :)

... if that much.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
True. But at the same time. Average American driver drives about 15,000 to 20,000 miles a year. I drive about 40,000 a year. Its not a bad thing if you do 20,000 a year to at least get 2 alignments within a year. Cant hurt. I rotate when I align to so therefore my tires are doing really good. Still got the same ones on when I got the car. 75,000 Miles on the car now. and still have 5's on the tires. ;) So it does pay off.
well I'm trying to wear MINE out faster so I have a reason to get some better tires for the winter. :D

I thought my 18,000 miles a year are alot. What the heck do you do to drive 40,000?

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
hah travel the US

·
Registered
8 Posts
my cars pulling to the left too. i've had my 2005 g6 gt for a little over a month, in that time i had the rotors switched out. the tires rotated front to back (their directional), and 2 wheel alignments done and it still pulls to the left. It seems to be more at higher speeds. i went back to the dealership, today the mechanic basically told me i was crazy even though he noticed it 2 weeks ago and nothings changed. The owner finally took a drive with me and luckily he noticed it. I'm going back tomorrow their gonna try and realign it again and compensate for the pull. I'm hoping for the best

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
keep in mind there is a kit for aligning the G6. You say it pulls left. If the factory bolt is maxed out to the left you need the longer one.
Front Suspension; Minus 1-3/4 Degree To Plus 1-3/4 Degree; 12mm Bolts; Single Offset

·
Registered
8 Posts
just came back from another wheel alignment. the mechanic took it for a drive beforehand and of course he didnt notice the problem. threw in on the machine ended up playing with the cambers. took it for another drive afterward and told me it felt better. the moment i left i noticed it pulling left. not sure what to do at this point. I'm waiting for the owner of the dealership to get back to me. would that alignment kit make a difference?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.