Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as you all have been watching and reading the ongoing problems with my poor lemon G6...

GM has contacted me today with a resolution....they are willing to...

are you ready for this??

You sure???

They will extend my warranty!!! Hahahahaha

The courtesy of GM is phenomenal! ::::sarcasm::::

The extended warranty will be 4 years 48k miles...

Alot of good that will do!! Considering when I bought the car i purchased the GM extended warranty for 1200.00 which consists of 60 months 72k miles.

So needless to say they are idiots! And I am not taking the settlement offer!

·
Registered
235 Posts
They take us all pretty much for idiots!! :mad: The sad thing about it is those of us that have issues with our vehicles be it a Pontiac, Nissan, Ford, etc..... are all probably way more intelligent than any of the CS people or decision makers in corporations like GM. Good Luck!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear ya Robyn!

Well I rejected the offer and offered to buy another GM product if they reimbursed me for the car. The CS rep rejected that saying that eventually the service dept. will narrow down the locking steering problem. BUT she would give me 2 years of free oil changes hahahahaha

·
Registered
423 Posts
carissa249

maybe you should offer to take the additional "warranty" IF it is "Bumper to Bumper" , IF they reimburse you for your $1,200.00 you paid for the extended warranty AND if they agree to replace your tires with comparable Michelin or Yokohama tires.

hey, its all negotiations......why not ask? and if you can think of anything else, ask for that as well. all they can say is 'no' or maybe they will surprise you and give in just to get you to 'go away'!!!!

give it a try.

kevin

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well we're going to take it in tomorrow, one more time...3rd times the charm right?? Ill keep ya'll posted!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Carissa249 said:
well we're going to take it in tomorrow, one more time...3rd times the charm right?? Ill keep ya'll posted!
Doesnt the lemon law not take effect until after the 3rd time in a short period of time anyway?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yep... if you are in Iowa...
Your vehicle may qualify as a "lemon"for refund or replacement under the law if: (A) The car was in for repairs three or more times during the Lemon Law rights period for the same problem, and still was not fixed. (B) Your car was in for repair one time for a problem that, if not fixed, could cause substantial bodily injury or death, and the problem was not fixed. (C) Your car was out of service for 20 or more days for any number of problems, and it still malfunctions. (The days out of service need not be consecutive.)

·
Registered
423 Posts
S8ER99 said:
Yep... if you are in Iowa...
Your vehicle may qualify as a "lemon"for refund or replacement under the law if: (A) The car was in for repairs three or more times during the Lemon Law rights period for the same problem, and still was not fixed. (B) Your car was in for repair one time for a problem that, if not fixed, could cause substantial bodily injury or death, and the problem was not fixed. (C) Your car was out of service for 20 or more days for any number of problems, and it still malfunctions. (The days out of service need not be consecutive.)
hey, carissa

i'd say by the above definition, you've got a 'Lemon', no doubt about it!! get a copy of the Iowa Lemon Law and take THAT back to your dealer. AND take the name and phone number of your State Attorney General and whatever office overseas your states 'Lemon Law' as well. the more 'ammo', the better. tell them if they won't help you, you will call these people on your cell phone from the middle of their showroom, so that all their customers (if they have any) can hear your conversation. remember, YOU HAVE RIGHTS and by law, i would say they have no choice but to COMPLY!!

again, good luck.

kevin

p.s. if that doesn't work, you can always have a few of those magnetic signs made that read; "I bought this Lemon at ******Pontiac and they won't comply with the State Lemon Law". you might also contact a local TV station, as most of them anymore have 'helplines' for people who have run out of options. believe me, the LAST thing a car dealership wants is to have someone from a TV station snooping around with TV cameras, saying they are mistreating their customers and won't abide by the State Lemon Law ON AIR!.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Why is GM Treating us like crap anyways I hear alot of bad stories how they dun treat their customers good! WE ARE NOT IDIOTS WHY THEY CANNOT UNDERSTAND THAT! :mad:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi ya'll....I am proceeding with the lemon law. BUT just so you all know....those of you that are having the steering lock up. Replacing the lower control arms has NOTHING to do with the lockup. I got a response from the dealership regarding the complaint I submitted to the BBB and they replaced the control arms because of the TSB regarding the stiff steering. They did NOTHING for the lockup!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Carissa249's Lemon

In posts i read in this forum a service department replaced the whole steering column, not the lower control arms. The person said they would check back if the steering problem surfaced after the column replacement. I have not read any followups.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I just received a letter from the dealership that replaced my control arms. And theyre explanation for that was because my steering was stiff. Its a TSB. They did NOTHING to correct the steering lock up. They had their chance but obviously didnt find it serious enough to do anything about.

·
Registered
532 Posts
In Iowa I guess that would be enough. I guess it makes sense that my dealership simply failed to even acknowledge my complaints so far. Gives them more leverage. :(

·
Registered
423 Posts
S8ER99 said:
In Iowa I guess that would be enough. I guess it makes sense that my dealership simply failed to even acknowledge my complaints so far. Gives them more leverage. :(
being in the car business, i have seen both good and bad Service Departments.

just a bit of advice to all; when you take your car into the Dealership for ANY type of repair, regardless if it is Warranty or Customer Pay, MAKE SURE that your Service Advisor PUTS IN WRITTING your exact complaint or issue and that it is stated EXACTLY as you told them BEFORE you sign the Repair Order. this is SO IMPORTANT, not only to assist the Technician with accurate information but also because if your complaint is not written down accurately and you DO have to go to court, all the Dealership has to say is; "Well, here is what they brought it in for and there is no mention of 'bla bla bla'." and voila, they're off the hook!!! the burden of proof falls on YOU and if its not in WRITTING, then it becomes a 'he said, she said' deal and you will never win that one. when purchasing a car, its 'Buyer Beware' and its no different when having it serviced. the name of the game is "C.Y.A."!!!

kevin

1 - 19 of 19 Posts